Under the direction of the Service Manager, the Service Technician I is responsible for performing general maintenance, grounds, and housekeeping services to ensure excellent curb appeal and quality of apartment homes, and responding to customer service requests. The Service Tech I lives and promotes our Mission and Values. This position is for our community Eagle Pointe in Allen, Texas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform and document preventative maintenance. Conduct inspections, vacant turns, repairs and janitorial services per assigned schedule and according to policies and procedures.
- May be called upon to perform housekeeping and grounds work, not to exceed 50% of time.
- Be responsible in the utilization of maintenance materials; inform manager of supply needs; keep storage area locked.
- Oversee and assist with apartment turns including assistance with resident move out and apartment renovation, troubleshooting and repair of most major and minor mechanical systems in apartment turns process per standards: ensure 75% of vacant apartments are in market ready condition according to quality standards, 3 to 5-day downtime standard for preparation of market ready apartments and 10-day turn for upgrade units, and the “I would live here” test.
- Responsible for computerized administration of maintenance functions; accurate tracking of inventory for repair and maintenance, documentation of status of service requests, scheduling of turnovers and completion of move out checklists.
- Daily walk the property for curb appeal, deferred maintenance, safety issues to meet Inspection Report, service operations standards and the “I would live here” test. Make recommendations for improvements.
- Complete all tasks per company safety policies. Notify managers of any safety or liability concerns. Participate in safety meetings and be safety conscience.
- Responsible for knowledge of property specific problems such as asbestos.
- Complete service requests same day or within 24 hours. Document through KeyTrak and work with office team for follow up with residents for incomplete service requests.
- Ensure excellent customer service with same day or maximum 24 hour follow up, courteous and professional attitude toward all customers.
- Available for weekend work, on-call duties, and after-hours emergency service requests, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- May be responsible for supervision, training, and motivation of one or more team members.
- Be the example and take accountability for all actions. Know and adhere to Mission’s values and policies Maintain neat, clean uniform and professional conduct at all times. Set goals and perform.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Proficient in most areas of apartment maintenance including plumbing, painting, drywall, appliance repair, electrical, locks, carpentry, roofs, and life safety equipment. Understanding of building materials and tools. Regulatory and environmental certifications such as lead, asbestos, renovations/repairs, HVAC and CFC type I & III or Universal. CPO certification strongly preferred. At least 2 years experience in apartment maintenance or 3 or more years in related field. Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
High school diploma or equivalent. Some computer knowledge.
MACHINES, EQUIPMENT, TOOLS USED:
Knowledge of ladder, dolly, back belt, goggles, gloves, electric snake, reciprocating saw, hand saw, circular saw, table saw, cordless drill, drill press, snow blower, paint brush, vacuum, shampoo machine, blower, cleaning supplies, and small hand tools.
Requires use of telephones and computers. Bending, kneeling, stooping, pushing and pulling required. Occasionally requires lifting 75 pounds or less. Must be able to walk apartments and grounds including steps. Able to climb ladders over 10 feet. Ability to read and interpert gauges.
Based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, Middleburg is a fully integrated real estate operating company specializing in the acquisition, development, and management of quality apartment communities throughout the southeastern United States.
- Related Keywords:
- Maintenance Tech, Service Tech, Technician, Real Estate, Property Management, Apartments, Multifamily, facility, facilities, engineer, engineering
- Job Label:
- MM_Service Tech I EP