The Department of Corrections, Division of Institutions, is recruiting for a Maintenance Specialist, Plumbing, Journey II/Lead position at Anchorage Correctional Complex located in Anchorage, Alaska.
The recruitment period for this vacancy has been extended to allow for a larger applicant pool. If you have already applied there is no need to reapply.
Key responsibilities for Maintenance Specialist, Plumbing, Journey II/Lead include:
- Responsible for maintaining and repairing, the infrastructure of the facility to support the Anchorage Jail. Incumbent has the ability to complete all of the duties, functions and task independently, without having results or products reviewed in progress.
- Installs, maintains and repairs all facility plumbing in accordance with the Uniform Plumbing Code and local plumbing code amendments for potable water, sewer, drains, storm drains, and fire suppression systems;
- Properly select and perform work at a professional level with steel, stainless steel, copper, brass, cast iron pipe and composite piping materials;
- Inspect, test and repair back flow protection devices
- Installs, maintains and repairs fuel, and gas piping systems;
- Install, maintain and repair all types of fluid handling pumps, gas compressors and auxiliary equipment found in mechanical systems;
- Perform skilled work installing, maintaining and repairing complete burner assemblies, troubleshooting combustion and flame safety controls to provide maximum fuel economy and meet EPA Clean Air standards;
- Able to install, maintain and repair boilers, burners and their related components;
- Perform complete diagnostics, repair and provide preventative maintenance on all gas fired kitchen and laundry equipment;
- Provide assistance to other maintenance staff;
- Be willing to learn to operate a variety of equipment such as trucks, dump trucks, front-end loaders, bulldozers, and forklifts while performing maintenance of existing grounds and facilities. Incumbent is required to operate special or heavy equipment such as forklifts, front end loaders, dump trucks, and graders to move materials as well as snow removal;
- Participate in required staff meetings, training and security briefings; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Valid Alaska Driver's License;
- Possession of valid State of Alaska Journeyman Plumber Fitness Card;
- Ability to read blueprints, plans, schematics, specifications, and two way radio;
- Knowledge of uniform building codes;
- Ability to work independently and make judgments bases on knowledge of trade's and crafts;
- Strong oral communication and written skills;
- Openness and flexibility in your approach to developing new knowledge and skills;
- Ability to deal with a variety of personalities, cultures, and attitudes; and
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally, and in writing; and
- Ability to develop specification for purchase of specialized equipment and obtain bids for projects.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Anchorage, Alaska