Job ID: 161859
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across the Midwest, Texas and Western United States. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
Coordinates and supervises maintenance repair and preventive maintenance activities for the plant including all mobile and stationary equipment and machinery. Responsible for coordinating and supervising contractor support. Works closely with the Production Superintendent in determining day to day plant priorities. Uses independent judgment in analyzing unusual problems and situations.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Establishes, communicates and assigns job responsibilities, goals and performance standards for employees within the Maintenance Department.
- Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases and promotions.
- Affects job performance through motivation, establishing goals and providing feedback.
- Collaborates and coordinates with other department superintendents and managers regarding maintenance projects and priorities. Reports progress of maintenance projects.
- Reviews, plans, schedules and supervises maintenance repair and preventive maintenance activities for the plant.
- Investigates and resolves unusual problems or difficulties in maintenance projects.
- Recommends equipment modifications to plant management.
- Obtains, coordinates and supervises the work of contractors as required for specified repairs.
- Meets with vendors regarding new maintenance equipment and other supplies needed for executing maintenance responsibilities and projects.
- Specifies engineering data and solicits competitive pricing on purchase of major equipment and parts.
- Coordinates with storeroom personnel concerning the amount of supplies and parts needed for maintenance activities.
- Compiles records and data regarding maintenance projects and prepares reports for management.
- Ensures that maintenance personnel comply with plant and MSHA safety rules and regulations.
- Participates and/or conducts safety meetings and training sessions, and ensures the meetings are held on a regular basis.
- Assists in developing annual budget and implementing the approved budget.
- Ensures proper training is conducted for new department employees and existing employees as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as needed.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of all equipment and machinery used in the plant and how each functions. Knowledge of MSHA safety regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of maintenance techniques and repair procedures on general types of industrial equipment such as pumps, compressors, electric motors, fans, conveyor belts, air conditioning equipment, etc.
- Knowledge of maintenance techniques and repair procedures for equipment specific to the production of cement such as kilns, ball mills, air separators, Fuller-Kinyon pumps, etc.
- Knowledge of procedures for welding operations, tool and die manufacture, machine shop operations, millwright work, steel fabrication, pipe fitting, etc.
- Design and drafting skills for structural steel, piping, general fabrication and layout of equipment.
- Knowledge of construction techniques for buildings of different types like concrete block, wood, steel construction, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Skills needed include decision-making, organization, communication, strategic planning, problem solving, dispute resolution and time management.
- May require the ability to climb ladders, lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds, enter confined space, and be exposed to extreme temperatures and dusty environments.
- Ability to work at heights up to 250 feet.
- Five or more years’ maintenance supervisory experience in the cement industry preferred or in a related heavy industrial environment.
- Bachelor's Degree degree in mechanical, electrical or related area of engineering preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.