Our client is an industry leader fueled by a team of innovative, collaborative employees who look to make a difference in the lives of those they serve. Environmentally responsible and community minded, they are committed to workplace diversity and a compensation and benefits program that is among the best in Southwest Michigan and in their industry.
The Maintenance Superintendent provides overall maintenance leadership responsibility, technical direction, administrative management, and leadership to the machine maintenance supervisors, planners, millwrights and electricians. Actively leads and participates in the plant safety, housekeeping, and continuous improvement efforts.
Initially the position will act as a mechanical resource focused while working to help develop, design, engineer and build a new machine. They will transition to day-to-day maintenance reporting activities, reporting to the plant maintenance manager.
- Provides direct supervision, technical direction, administrative management, and leadership in maintenance.
- Responsible for the management of equipment and maintenance.
- Supports maintenance and capital program maximizing asset reliability, uptime, and cost effectiveness with available resources.
- Provides support for the facility and equipment needs including capital and major repairs.
- Supports predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance programs.
- Uses other maintenance disciplines in the development and application of reliability engineering, root-cause analysis and troubleshooting of equipment and processes.
- Coaches and develops training plans for hourly maintenance employees.
Required Education and Skills
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field OR 5-10 years maintenance experience
- Computer Maintenance Management Systems use and implementation (SAP a plus)
- Planning and Scheduling experience
- Experience with Preventative/Predicative/Precision Maintenance