The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for maintenance of all processes and coordinating all maintenance activities in a VS at the Alamance Facility. The position reports to the Central Maintenance Manager and is responsible for directing the efforts of maintenance technicians. The Maintenance Supervisorwill focus on developing his or her skills in the competencies within the Central Maintenance organization.
- Priority on any safety issues that arise and need to be addressed in the plant
- Hold shift transition meetings at the beginning and end of shift with all Maintenance technicians
- Assign corrective work orders and project assignments to maintenance techs to ensure all repairs to equipment are completed in a timely manner.
- Provide hands-on technical support for down equipment coverage and/or project coverage
- Manage maintenance technician’s overtime to meet down equipment demands each day (including casual overtime)
- Training of operators to perform autonomous maintenance tasks.
- Be responsive and dedicated to meeting production needs and requirements.
- Perform installation, corrective maintenance or preventive/predictive maintenance on any and all pieces of equipment located on GKN Property.
- Manage outside contractors concerning production equipment modifications, renovations and installations.
- Technical skills desired for the position include:
- Reading electrical schematics and hardwiring to prints,
- Troubleshooting electrical systems,
- Having general knowledge of the National Electrical Code
- Using electrical test equipment (multi-meters, amp probes, data recorders, etc.)
- Troubleshooting pneumatic, hydraulic, power transmissions systems
- Welding Skills
- Interfacing PCs to PLC and CNC controllers
- Troubleshooting PLCs including but not limited to Allen Bradley
- Utilize the Computerized Maintenance Management System to initiate, record and track all work orders.
- Review all work orders generated and close during the shift and routes work orders to specific departments as required for completion of activities
- Work with Production Facilitators to prioritize maintenance work and reduce downtime on the assembly cells
- Assist central maintenance manager in preparation of mid year and year end reviews of maintenance technicians
- Support the plant’s facilities technicians when needed to ensure reliable operation of the plants infrastructure.
- Work with external auditors during facility inspections (i.e. insurance, environmental)
- Enter requisitions in MfgPro as needed
- Drive Lean initatives in the maintenance department (5S, VM, LTA, SW, AM, Kaizen)
- Coordinate Plant Shutdown activities including work that needs to be done, plan for any materials or equipment needed and schedule resources.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
Prefer 2 year college degree in a maintenance field or Maintenance Management Certificate
- Prefer 2 year college degree in a maintenance field
- Demonstrated mechanical/maintenance ability
- Must be willing to develop individual leadership skills
- Must be able to travel as needed (International and Domestic).
- 5 years experience in manufacturing maintenance
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.