Our client, an established Erie County manufacturing company, is seeking an experienced Maintenance Supervisor to joint their team. The maintenance supervisor is responsible for planning and overseeing the work of maintenance staff to ensure safe and efficient operations of the facility. The maintenance staff is tasked with the upkeep of buildings and grounds, as well as upkeep of machinery needed to operate and maintain the facility, coordinating with maintenance and operations supervision to effectively schedule repair activities to minimize the impact on production.
Specific areas of responsibility for this position include:
- Maintaining and repairing CNC manufacturing equipment using knowledge of computer numerical control processes
- Troubleshooting mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and electronic machining systems
- Installing, maintaining and preparing machine tool equipment and controls
- Utilizing machine manuals, technical documentation and vendor resources to research and diagnose machine issues
- Interacting with vendors and suppliers to locate replacement parts and coordinate repairs
- Supporting manufacturing goals by minimizing downtime through the completion of preventative maintenance activities to remediate problems
- Interpreting electrical and/or mechanical schematics and drawings to analyze performance issues
- Promoting quality improvements and providing technical training as required
- Performing other duties that may be assigned by management for the benefit of the organization
The candidate will possess a minimum of five years of experience in the maintenance and repair of CNC Machining Equipment, along with an understanding of related programming and robotics. A two-year technical degree in machine technology or a related field is desired. In addition, the candidate will have demonstrated ability to troubleshoot basic and advanced machining problems, a working knowledge of CNC machine design and operation and the ability to interpret operating and maintenance instructions, drawings, schematics and technical manuals. The ideal performer will be a motivated self-starter with solid computer skills (Microsoft Office suite), good interpersonal and technical skills, and the ability to communicate effectively on verbal and written levels.
Someone with experience in a machining maintenance position as detailed above will find this opportunity to be fulfilling and challenging. A locally competitive base salary with the potential to grow and a comprehensive benefit package are provided.
Please reply in confidence with your salary requirements, indicating why you are the best candidate for this position.