Johanna Foods is a state-of-the-art food manufacturer located in Flemington, New Jersey. Privately operated since 1995, Johanna Foods is now one of the country's largest producers and distributors of fruit juices, drinks and yogurt. Our products include the popular La Yogurt and Sabor Latino yogurt, Tree Ripe juices, Earth Wise juice beverages, Ssips and Sabor Latino drinks and nectars, and Ssips aseptic drink boxes, all using cutting-edge technologies and only the freshest, highest quality ingredients. Johanna Foods is also a leading private label and co-pack juice and yogurt producer, manufacturing products for numerous leading retailers and brands.
What we offer:
Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, vacation, tuition reimbursement, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and supervise Maintenance Department personnel.
- Orient and direct all new employees in company policies and procedures as well as sanitation protocol.
- Consult with Maintenance Manager to review Maintenance schedule and performance sheets; adjust plans accordingly and ensure for staffing levels to meet Maintenance schedules.
- Assigns daily work loads.
- Documents daily Maintenance records and investigates Maintenance shortages, overages and losses.
- Process all injury reports and correct any unsafe conditions in the work place as soon as possible.
- Review and approve time sheets.
- Timely advice and address personnel issues with Maintenance Manager and Human Resources as needed.
- Maintains a clean, well organized area which promotes safety in the work place and develops good employee morale and work habits.
- Administers and maintains company policies, quality standards, GMP’s, and safety in a productive and efficient work place.
- Ensures for a smooth transition between shifts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable quality system standards and the unit’s food safety, and security programs in support of essential manufacturing strategies and practices.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Maintenance management or related field and 3-5 years previous supervisory experience in similar environment.
- Strong PLC and Electrical knowledge and experience.
- Proficient PC skills with word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented and organized; work on multiple projects concurrently, set priorities and follows through.
- Able to work varied shifts, including weekends.