Maintenance Supervisor I
Job Code: MAINT05
Grade Level: 12 (Exempt)
PER FPB Policy FBP-HR-PRO-00001: Internalemployees must be in currentposition for (1) year or greater to be eligible to apply.
Under limited supervision, performs maintenance execution job functions as directed by Management. Typical job responsibilities include assisting and supporting management of site FBP maintenance execution management process which reflects appropriate priorities and is consistent with applicable regulatory requirements and established FBP procedures. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Plans, schedules and organizes the work to ensure utilization of employees and compliance with all contract requirements, quality standards and budgetary guidelines
- Ensures staffing levels of supervised personnel are maintained in a manner which allows the effective execution of the assigned scope of work at all times
- Instructs employees on the work methods and performance expectations
- Provides leadership and motivation to subordinate personnel
- Interfaces with groups inside and outside the organization, senior management, client representatives, and auditors
- Responsible for day to day operations of the group
- Responsible for providing direction, training and evaluation of subordinate personnel
- Assists with the development or review/update of various plans, policies or procedures as needed
- Assists with maintaining positive employee relations
- Responsible for group supervision and administration
- May provide presentations to project senior management
- Must be capable of understanding and performing methods and processes
- Responsible for the supervision and effective execution of all maintenance and operations support activities for a small to medium maintenance project
- Maintains working knowledge of established project procedures relating to safety and work permitting, work order systems, planning and scheduling and preventative and predictive maintenance
- May serve as the company on-site representative with the client
- Perform duties of limited complexity in nature
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner. If supervising others, has responsibility for the safety of those being supervised and ensures they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits
- Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
- Pre-Employment Physical (office or field work)
- Drug Screen
- The ability to obtain/maintain "L" or "Q" Clearance one year from hire date
- Background Check
- Any site required training
Prospective employees must be available to start work with Fluor-BWXT Portsmouth LLC within a reasonable time frame after acceptance of FBP’s offer of employment (typically 30 days or less).
Applicants for employment can initiate a request for accommodation, or obtain information concerning accommodationsif contacted by the Company for an Interview.
As a reminder, all internal employees of Fluor-BWXTPortsmouth LLC must submit a current resume. External candidates must also submit a current resume.
Fluor-BWXT Portsmouth LLC is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of adiverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexualorientation, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.
Work in an environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities). Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
Ability to wear respirator and other protective equipment to enter various types of potentially hazardous areas (such as but not limited to chemical, dust fumes, mists, heat stress factors, etc.).
Ability to carry several instruments/equipment or tools while walking extensively. Potential prolonged walking/standing, repeated pushing/pulling.
Ability to perform medium to very heavy work, exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, non-repetitive, up to 50 pounds of force frequently (any exertion of force/lifting greater than 45 pounds requires usage of a two person “buddy system”), and/or more than 20 pounds of force constantly, repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
Potential for prolonged driving of or riding in a motor vehicle, machine operation, and/or working around moving equipment/machinery or motorized vehicles (such as but not limited to car, truck, golf cart, gator, heavy equipment).
Ability to work in confined areas, tanks, heat stress conditions, high noise and areas with radiation and chemical hazards.
Environmental conditions may include weather or temperature extremes, inclement weather (such as but not limited to wind, rain, excessive heat, excessive cold, snow/ice, etc.)
In some cases radiological training may be required.
May be required to operate company vehicle during the course of work. All safety and DOT regulations and procedures must be adhered to at all times.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the overall purpose of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Proficient interpersonal and communication skills
Proficient PC skills including Microsoft software
Proficient organization and problem solving skills
Detail oriented and multi-tasking capabilities
DOE “L” clearance or ability to obtain a DOE “L” clearance
Associate degree in a related field and 5 years of craft experience, or an equivalent combination of education and craft experience is required. Typical craft experience ranges from 5 - 8 years.
- 5 - 8 Years Experience on early 1950’s model Otis, P&H, Whiting and Michigan Overhead Cranes.
- Strong Mechanical and Electrical trouble shooting background for Overhead Crane Repairs.
- Knowledge of VFD’s and Radio Controllers for Overhead Cranes.
- Knowledge of Secondary Reactor Controls and 5 Step Wound Rotor Controls for Overhead Cranes.