FLSA Designation: Salaried/Exempt
Supervision Received/Exercised: Reports to Maintenance Manager/ Oversees a team of 2-20 Maintenance Mechanics and Maintenance Support
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising and executing all aspects of the Maintenance department with customers, suppliers, local and corporate-wide HFS employees and the manufacturing staff. The incumbent is also responsible for training and mentoring members of the Maintenance department and support the facility. This position exists to ensure the utmost quality of all products being produced and packaged at the plant.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
* Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these employees. Also, directly supervise non-supervisory (lead/technician) employees.
* Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable federal, state and local laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training new employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
* Responsible for maintaining a 5S environment.
* Responsible for scheduling, maintaining and approving maintenance employee's work hours on a daily basis. Work with employees to investigate any scheduling and/or payroll-related issues.
* Responsible for complying with customer service and Company standards.
* Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays. Inspect machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
* Resolves employee complaints or submits unsettled complaints to the Employee & Community Relations Manager for action. Handle all disciplinary actions and employee disputes.
* Train, develop and evaluate all employees to meet future needs.
* Attend meetings; make presentations, etc. as needed.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) at all times.
* Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law.
* Comply with all Company rules, regulations and policies.
* Developing a daily & weekend plan for technicians to complete work orders to include Preventative Maintenance (PM's)
* Update PM master list as needed to reflect correct time and parts to keep current
* Coordinate parts ordering with the MRO Procurement Analyst
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
* Hearthside procurement, products and production processes.
* Knowledge and experience with SAP.
* Knowledge of OSHA regulations and standards.
* Demonstrated proficiency in electrical knowledge including AC/DC circuits, motor controls and troubleshooting/repair of up to 480 volt systems.
* Demonstrated proficiency in PLC troubleshooting (limited programming skilled required).
* Demonstrated proficiency in power transmission troubleshooting/repair.
* Demonstrated proficiency in reading blue prints (facility and infrastructure), ladder logic and pneumatic.
* Conflict resolution.
* Prioritize work based on short and long-term objectives.
* Successfully analyze and present data to multiple levels of the organization.
* Personnel and performance management.
* Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while being able to make sound decisions.
* Communicate in English to give and acknowledge instructions/problems.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
* Ability to respond to common inquiries and complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, employees and members of the business community.
* Ability to effectively present information to employees, management and public groups.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in various units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Proficiency in: MS Office Suite, EAM and SAP
* Ability to work well with others in stressful situations and meet deadlines as necessary.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks.
* Receptive to new ideas, concepts and procedures.
* Receptive and responsive to constructive criticism.
* Maintain harmonious working relations with employees from all departments.
* Maintain harmonious working relations with management from all levels.
* Communicate effectively with all employees and management.
* Ability to use hands and fingers. Reaching with hands/arms throughout shift.
* Ability to see, hear and talk. Ability to distinguish colors. Ability to work in light to moderate noise levels where hearing protection is required.
* May work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles and vibration.
* Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity for repetitive tasks.
* Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs. Push/pull items up to 2600 lbs. with assistance.
* Walk up to 100 yards to work and break areas.
* May climb steps to and from work and break areas.
* Repetitive reaching overhead, under and across throughout shift.
* Repetitive bending, stooping and twisting throughout shift.
* May crawl under equipment to reach work area.
* Stand eight hours per shift.
* Physical and mental ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
* Perform general housekeeping, including sweeping, mopping, etc.
* Ability to work in variable temperatures and weather conditions. Ability to work in wet, humid areas.
* Two-year college degree in business or related field preferred; Four-year college degree a plus. (experience can substitute for degree)
* (3) Three -- (5) Five years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment;
* Experience in a non-union manufacturing environment a plus.
* Proficient in MS Office applications such as Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
* Excellent communication, conflict management, decision-making, motivational and organizational skills required.
* Strong self-confidence and leadership skills required.
* Must be able to uphold Hearthside's mission, vision and values on a daily basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled