Metals USA, a metals service center, is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for their Northbrook, IL facility.
With minimal oversight the Maintenance Supervisor, safely maintains production and quality by working with and supervising a team of other maintenance professionals ensuring the upkeep repair and maintenance of equipment, facilities and systems. The supervisor will implement predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of business goals and objectives, establish staff schedules,, remediation, when necessary and perform annual audits to ensure the safety and integrity of their facilities and coordinate with outside vendors as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Comply with all safety regulations and procedures
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area and promote the same throughout the facility
* Perform highly diverse duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility's equipment.
* Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
* Perform, or cause to be performed, basis machinist duties and responsibilities.
* Perform mechanical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
* Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
* Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
* Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
* Evaluate and implement as necessary robust preventative and predictive maintenance programs.
* Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities as prescribed in the preventative/predictive maintenance plan.
* Track and maintain records on all maintenance and repairs.
* Recommend budgets, control/manage maintenance budget and spend.
* Set working hours for department and obtain approval from Plant Manager.
* Direct and delegate workload to maintenance personnel.
* Ensure all process, procedures and documentation is ISO compliant.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
* Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
* To achieve job success, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
* Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
* Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
* 6 years related experience and/or training (certification) or an equivalent combination of training and experience
* An Associate's degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance. Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering or similar preferred.
* At least 2 years of demonstrated success in a supervisory role.
Great Compensation and Benefits Package
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled