GreenTree Hospitality Group, Inc. is a leading hotel owner, operator and franchisor with over 2600 hotels worldwide. As the 14th largest hotel brand globally, its GreenTree Inn hotels are trusted by corporate and leisure travelers seeking consistent quality guest rooms and public areas. GreenTree Inn is a growing select-service hotel brand and prides itself on delivering an affordable lodging experience to its guests.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties GreenTree team members are expected to conform to the following: Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision. Interact professionally with other team members, customers and suppliers. Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments. Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other team members and organizations.
Responsible for performing all maintenance/repair duties for the hotel as scheduled to preserve function and structural integrity.
Position Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Respond to guest queries and requests
- Ensure confidentially and security of guest rooms.
- Follow all company safety and security procedures.
- Report any major maintenance issues or safety hazards to management.
- Maintains a safe environment through regularly inspecting the interior and exterior of the hotel.
- Ensures all maintenance requests are completed timely.
- Coordinate the activity of the maintenance technician and provide support as needed for task completion.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on the exterior and the interior of the hotel (Painting, Plumbing & Electrical).
- Perform minor drywall, wood and plaster repair, painting, light bulb and A/C filter replacement, as well as clean up upon the completion of the project.
- Troubleshoot and perform basic plumbing (e.g., plunge toilets, unclog drains).
- Monitor and maintain the chemical levels of the hotel pool and spa as well as complete all record keeping of pool and spa maintenance.
- Perform minor adjustments and repair on room furniture, fixtures, guest room door controls, HVAC system, and other items in the hotel.
- Maintain equipment, supplies and company vehicle in good working order.
- Assist in the maintenance of property emergency and security procedures.
- Confirm all required inspections for the boiler, elevator, swimming pool, fire alarms, fire extinguishers, and emergency lights are completed and all reports are submitted to the general manager.
- Assist other departments in the hotel as needed.
- Available to work all shifts including weekends and holidays as necessary.
Additional Duties May be Assigned by Management
- Working knowledge and skill in the use of hand and power tools and other materials required to perform maintenance and repair tasks.
Prior experience in plumbing, painting, HVAC, electrical, and/or other general repair skills.
- Comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to communicate professionally with guests, associates, supervisors, and other as required for operation of the property.
- Obtain any required certification as needed.
- At least 2 years of hotel maintenance experience.
Physical Demands: The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear, and taste or smell.
- The team member frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The team member is and down stairs service ramps and/or ladders.
- Team members must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without assistance, and up to 140 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
GTI Phoenix, LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis ["protected class"] including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.