Who We Are
We are growing! We are hiring! We are South Oxford Management LLC, a full-service property management company with a portfolio of 48 communities across Texas, Florida, Georgia and Connecticut with 12,164 apartment units (and counting). We are dedicated to offering an exceptional experience to our residents and team members. Our owners bring years of expertise in the industry to South Oxford Management LLC, assuring quality in every aspect of our business. From asset management to leasing, we are passionate about making positive experiences for people. From our residents to our team members, we are committed to putting people first in everything we do. If this sounds like a team you would like to join, apply today.
How You Will Contribute
The Maintenance Supervisor is the core of the community. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the community; insuring a safe and secure environment for residents, future residents, visitors and team members. They work closely with the Property Manager and the Maintenance Technicians to see that all aspects of the community are well taken care of. The Maintenance Supervisor anticipates, identifies and corrects problems involving the community and implements procedures to prevent such problems. The Maintenance Supervisor works diligently to cultivate resident satisfaction.
Things you will Do
- Hire, train and supervise all maintenance team members though a positive mentoring approach
- Take ownership and lead by example
- Empower team members to take on new challenges and bring new ideas to the forefront
- Delegate, oversee and inspect work performed by maintenance team members
- Schedule team members so that maintenance is available for emergency purposes around-the-clock
- Train and assist in development of all maintenance team members
- Conduct safety meetings with Maintenance Technicians
- Think safety first and ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected promptly
- Maintain accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures, apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
- Schedule and ensure all make-ready repairs and service are completed correctly and on schedule
- Maintain adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle most common repairs and situations
- Provide outstanding customer service to residents and future residents
- Take pride in our apartment community; visually inspect and address areas of concern, keep community clean and make note of service needs
- Be mindful of the condition of the community and initiate action to correct unsafe conditions; e.g. broken gates leading to pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights
- Diagnose and perform maintenance/repairs including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical and pool maintenance
- Schedule and perform routine preventive maintenance
- Communicate effectively with residents, future residents, visitors, vendors and team members while presenting a positive, professional image
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Community Manager
Things You Will Need
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Three or more years of experience in property maintenance or equivalent field
- Experience leading others
- General knowledge of all things pertaining to property maintenance
- Skill in the safe use and maintenance of hand and power tools
- Willingness to work a flexible work week including weekends and on-call hours
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Knowledgeable of pertinent laws including EPA and OSHA regulations
- Certified Pool Operator, Universal Freon License, including R410A preferableSouth Oxford Management is proud to provide training and licensing opportunities for experienced individuals ready to take the next step.
What We Will Provide You
South Oxford Management provides a range of insurance options and benefits for our full-time team members. Including:
- Comprehensive training
- Competitive salaries and bonuses
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- 401(k) plan with a company match
- Medical (Low PPO, High PPO)
- Dental (PPO, HMO)
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Apartment Discounts
- Employee Awards and Recognition
- Career Advancement Opportunities
You’re exceptional. Let us make you feel it. Join our team.
South Oxford Management LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
South Oxford Management LLC is committed to providing a work place that is free from the use, sale, possession, or distribution of illegal drugs and alcohol as well as free from the abusive use of legal drugs or alcohol. All job applicants are required to take and successfully complete a drug and/or alcohol test before they will be permitted to begin employment. Applicants that refuse to take a test or do not cooperate with the test representatives will not be permitted to begin employment. If a test yields a positive result for drugs or alcohol, the Company may withdraw the offer of employment to an applicant where permitted by state law.