Related Management is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Supervisor for a residential community in San Antonio, TX. We are always looking for a team member with a passion for excellence, a “can do” attitude and a dedication to quality. The employee will report to the Community Manager on site and is responsible for the overall maintenance of the property, supervision of the porter on site and keeping the regional office fully informed. This person is responsible for being hands on and completing the work orders on a timely basis. Additionally, the Maintenance Supervisor performs all duties in compliance with company policies and procedures, the Equal Employment Opportunity, Fair Housing and Human Rights statutes.
· Acts as a working supervisor, with majority of time spent performing maintenance functions.
· Maintain a detailed understanding of the overall property and customer/resident based community.
· Inspect the building and property on a daily basis and performed routine preventative maintenance and immediately addressing safety issues.
· Responds to emergency maintenance repairs after normal working hours or assigns to another team member.
· Make budget recommendations to the Property Manager for all maintenance line items and assists the Property Manager in controlling maintenance expenses.
· Order and maintain inventory of building materials and supplies as required.
· Coordinate efforts between management and contractors and obtain bids for repairs and replacements as per company guidelines.
· Ensures that all company maintenance policies and procedures are implemented at the property.
· Ensures that company standards for the performance of maintenance functions are consistently maintained.
· Provides direction, guidance, and supervision to all maintenance staff at the property.
· Responsible for preparing and implementing weekly maintenance staff work schedules.
· Provides training of maintenance staff to ensure proper performance of their functions, consistent with company policies, procedure and standards.
· Ensure service contractors as scheduled for appropriate maintenance (exterminator, elevator, standpipe sprinkler, boiler, etc.).
· Remove snow and ice and keep sidewalks clean and safe during inclement weather.
· Keep and maintain accurate records as required by regulation or company operating protocols.
· Responsible for general upkeep of the building which includes, but is not limited to making sure that all common areas are in a clean and orderly state and the landscaping is up kept.
· Involvement with the tenant community and reporting any issues to management in a timely manner.
· Previous experience in various maintenance areas including: plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, painting, and general building operation
· Experience managing a team.
· HVAC Certified
· Customer service first attitude.
· Good organizational and planning skills.
· Must have personal, reliable transportation for on-call emergencies.
· Previous apartment experience preferred.
· General computer knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Specific licenses and/or certifications may be required
· Must be able to use hands to grip power and hand tools
· Ability to lift 50+ lbs
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. With over $60 billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.