Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry farmers in the United States, Canada and Chile, who have helped preserve the family farming way of life for generations. The cooperative's cranberries are currently featured in more than a thousand great-tasting, good-for-you products in over 100 countries worldwide. With more than 2,000 employees in nearly 20 receiving and processing facilities, Ocean Spray is committed to managing our business in a way that respects our communities, colleagues, and the environment.
Ocean Spray believes that our employees are our best asset and we offer an environment where you can work with exceptionally smart, innovative, passionate teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean Spray products around the world.
Ocean Spray is looking for an ambitious, creative, collaborative and driven Maintenance Supervisor to lead a night shift team within the maintenance department at our Kenosha,WI facility. This position will direct the activities of various skilled employees by assigning work, monitoring those assignments and approving the repairs made. Participate in the planning, and the implementation of capital, extraordinary maintenance and routine maintenance budgets.
A Night in the Life of a Maintenance Supervisor:
- Direct, coordinate and facilitate the daily activities of a team of skilled employees to ensure the completion of maintenance--both preventative and corrective--in a safe, timely, cost-effective manner.
- Ensure standards for product quality, equipment, and operator performance are maintained and that cost-effective technology is used to maximize production. Ensure fixed assets are preserved. Initiate recommendations on purchases of new equipment and production assets.
- Assist in the development of maintenance budget, monitor plant spending, and report on operating costs within functional areas. Alert management of cost and labor over run, makes recommendations and implement solutions to problems related to same.
- Work effectively with plant functional managers to develop and maintain a positive employee relations environment. Advise management team on labor issues including safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, training, grievances and the like. Ensure direct reports are adhering to company policy and administering practices in fair and equitable manner.
- Work with Human Resources to hire, train, develop, and appraise staff effectively. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy.
- Works in conjunction with EHS to ensure that environmental compliance activities and requirements are met.
- Influence all staff to report food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate immediate corrective actions.
What We Are Looking For:
- BS/BA in mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering or related major or equivalent work experience.
- 2 to 5 years' experience in a supervisory role in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing operations.
- Strong ability to influence, provide leadership, work in a team environment or independently.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Good facilitation/training skills.
We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package, including tuition reimbursement, paid family leave, bonus structures, and many more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.