Maintenance Support Technician
- Sulphur Springs, TX 75482, USA
Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry farmers in the United States, Canada and Chile, who have helped preserve the family farming way of life for generations. The cooperative’s cranberries are currently featured in more than a thousand great-tasting, good-for-you products in over 100 countries worldwide. With more than 2,000 employees and nearly 20 receiving and processing facilities, Ocean Spray is committed to managing our business in a way that respects our communities, colleagues and the environment.
Ocean Spray believes that our colleagues are our best assets and we offer an environment where you can work with exceptionally smart, innovative and passionate teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean Spray products around the world. If you are looking for a rewarding career where you can Grow, Own, Live and Drive your career every day, Ocean Spray is for you!
This position is located at our Beverage Manufacturing Facility in Sulphur Springs, TX.
A Day in the Life of a Maintenance Support Technician:
- Providing technical oversight to maintenance activities primarily associated with planning and inventory.
- Working closely with the Maintenance Manager in the development of a reliability-based maintenance strategy as well as a comprehensive preventive and predictive maintenance program.
- Identifying and resolving issues, review and revision of procedures, and the enhancement of technician skills.
- Providing strong technical interface in the plant environment, including the skill and ability to accurately troubleshoot the repair and maintenance of plant equipment.
- Supporting and promoting food safety and quality program indicatives within the plant environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Maintenance Manager to develop and implement an effective reliability centered maintenance program to achieve the safety and reliability capabilities of equipment at minimum cost by optimizing PMs, implementing root cause failure analysis, and condition monitoring, etc.
- Work with Maintenance Manager to maximize the effectiveness of planned shutdown periods. Develop plans to avoid work delays and ensure no issues with quality and safety. Plan and coordinate maintenance projects including the development of plans detailing the quality and skills of labor required to perform the work.
- Leverage computerized maintenance system (Maximo) to ensure relevant and accurate information is available for scheduling and monitoring maintenance activities. Generate and distribute maintenance work orders, PMs, inventory control, purchase orders, etc. Track and monitor maintenance/repair schedule of equipment. Provide training in Maximo as necessary.
- Ensure technical documentation requirements are complete and current for maintenance function, including applicable blueprints/schematics, equipment manuals, reference materials, parts lists, PMs, checklists, etc.
- Develop methodologies and comprehensive audit process to increase and measure proficiency in lubrication, predictive maintenance, vibration analysis, root cause failure analysis, optimization of PM program, precision maintenance work, etc.
Minimum Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Associate Degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of applicable experience
- Inventory management knowledge
- Interpersonal skills associated with working constructively in a team environment
- Organizational skills with attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills
- Math and Budget Analysis skills
- High level computer skills (Word, Excel, Auto Cad, Maximo)
- Solid industrial maintenance skills - knowledge of mechanics, electricity, plumbing, steam, pneumatics, controls, hydraulics, lubricants