Novolex™ employs over 10,000 people across the globe. We strive to be the employer of choice in the global packaging industry. Novolex™ Careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth. Our team is rich in diversity and our culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork in all we do.
Under the general direction of the Plant Engineer/Maintenance Manager, this position is responsible for installing, troubleshooting, and diagnosing production and process manufacturing equipment onsite, as well as performing modifications, repairs, and preventative/predictive maintenance tasks on existing equipment.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- General knowledge required in mechanics (gears, bearings, pulleys, belts, etc.), pneumatics and hydraulics in order to effectively troubleshoot equipment problems in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Practical knowledge in the use of precision measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, etc.
- Ability to safely operate shop tools such as cutoff saws, drill press, bench grinder, hydraulic press, vertical band saw, arc welders, acetylene torch and various other hand tools is essential.
- Electrical knowledge helpful, but not required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong commitment to all aspects of safety.
- Must be team oriented and focused on quality.
- Attention to detail, cooperative attitude, and sound work ethics are essential.
- Forklift experience helpful, but not required.
- Ability to work 12 hour day and night rotating shift.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
Requirements include, but are not limited to (all times are approximate):
- Sitting (3-5 hours)
- Standing (5 hours or more)
- Walking (5 hours or more)
- Lifting (Regularly/Constantly):
- 0-10 lbs. (1-3 hours)
- 10-20 lbs. (3-5 hours)
- 20-50 lbs. (3-5 hours)
- 50-100 lbs. (1-3 hours)
- 100 lbs. or more (Never)
- 10-20 lbs. (5 hours or more)
- 20-50 lbs. (3-5 hours)
- 50-100 lbs. (1-3 hours)
- 100 lbs. (Never)
- Pushing (1-3 hours)
- Pulling, Twisting, Climbing (1-3 hours)
- Balancing (5 hours or more)
- Stooping, Kneeling (1-3 hours)
- Crawling (Never)
- Reaching, Grasping, Repetitive Motions (1-3 hours)
About the Company
- Novolex™ is North America’s leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- Novolex™ is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 62 facilities around the globe, including the worlds’ largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 10,000 employees in the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
- The family of historic Novolex™ brands includes Bagcraft® Packaging, Hilex Poly®, Fortune Plastics®, Duro Bag®, De Luxe® Packaging, Burrows Paper, Novolex Custom Film & Bag™, International Converter®, General Packaging® Products, Heritage Bag®, Burrows Packaging, Sheilds and The Waddington Group.
- Each of the Novolex™ brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex™ brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
- Novolex™ focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets. The Novolex™ product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations.
- Novolex’s™ mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.
Our Vision Statement
- To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex™, have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
- We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission
Novolex's sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
- Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content
- Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship
- Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community
- Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community
For more information on Novolex™, visit our website at:www.novolex.com
Novolex does not publically post salary information on job boards.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Pre-employment, as well as post-hire substance testing, is required for specified positions through Novolex. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at 800-845-6051.
Novolex is an E-Verify Employer.
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.