This position works under limited supervision and is responsible for ensuring the proper mechanical functioning of plant equipment and machinery and to troubleshoot any electrical/electronic malfunctions, completing appropriate repairs and maintenance.
- Assists in troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical equipment.
- Assists in troubleshooting, replacing and/or repairing machine components.
- Assists in maintaining and repairing of all existing electrical and mechanical equipment in the production area.
- Performs daily and monthly routine preventative maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment in accordance with standardized procedures.
- May install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment.
- Performs basic administrative skills including computer data entry and documentation of work performed by written and electronic methods.
- May assist in preparing maintenance reports for management as directed
- Reads and interprets blueprints, wiring diagrams, process sheets, and assembly schematic drawings
- Maintains clean, neat, and orderly work area at all times.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations, and keeping work area clean and free of FOD.
High school diploma / general education degree (GED) plus a minimum of 5 years’ maintenance experience. Prefer Associates degree in a technical area plus 3 years maintenance experience or Prefer experience with electrical, machinery and welding.
Able to acquire and maintain ATF access from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Ability to work around explosive materials. Ability to use various hand tools. Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently and effectively communicate with various levels of employees. Ability to read, understand, and interpret mechanical, instrument, and electrical drawings as well as blueprints and product line layouts. Must have basic computer skills. Must be able to operate industrial equipment such as forklifts, man lifts, etc. Must maintain a valid driver’s license.