RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Maintain facility equipment, both mechanical and electrical, in good, clean, safe working order using a preventive maintenance program.
• Perform project work requiring both retrofit and new designs in order to improve equipment performance.
• Follow established work methods.
• Careful scheduling of maintenance jobs to avoid an interruption in production.
• Keep work areas neat and orderly, cleaning up immediately after project completion.
• Accurately document work performed.
• Perform all work functions according to written Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
• Other duties as assigned.
Novo Health is a service company which requires that you are always providing some level of service to either an internal or external customer. You are expected to make decisions that will in effect, positively impact and exceed the expectations of the customer base you serve. Accuracy, delivering on our commitments and the manner in which we execute each transaction must be done in such a manner that it positively spreads our organization’s reputation. Although we can not always choose the specific work assigned to us, we can however determine the attitude, behavior and personality we portray in completing our work.
Moderate exposure to strong odorous chemicals or elements, excessive noise and dust.
Minimum of 1 year experience working in a facility maintenance position performing mechanical/ electrical duties. Minimum of 2-4 years experience with boiler operation, 2 years experience with HVAC, and 1 year experience with air compressors and pneumatics.
High school diploma or GED required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Technical ability to work on equipment in any area of the facility, including boiler room, laundry, pack room, sterile, holding and vehicle.
• Able to work independently or in a team effort.
• Detail-oriented and able to consistently follow instructions.
• Good hand-eye coordination.
• Excellent mechanical and electrical skills.
• Good time management skills and able to work in an efficient manner.
• Display a high level of safety consciousness.
• Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
• PLC Experience.
• Able to read schematics.
• Change HVAC filters, belts, grease motors, able to troubleshoot.
• Welding: ARC welding, TIG welding.
• Pipe fitting experience.
• Must have no fear of heights, and be able to work with hands above their heads on a consistent basis.
• Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and coworkers as appropriate.
• Ability to read and understand applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
Up to 5 %
NOVO HEALTH SERVICES IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER – M/F/V/D.
See job description