A BRAND NEW Continuing Care Retirement Community, The Glen at Scripps Ranch is now hiring Maintenance Tech I (General/Painter). The Maintenance Tech I person is responsible for maintaining all aspects of the physical plant. Under supervisor direction, the Maintenance Tech I performs preventive maintenance, routine servicing, seasonal repairs and changes, building equipment and plumbing repairs.
* Anticipated start date September 2019*
- Working as a team with the entire Plant Operations Department, the Maintenance Tech I performs general maintenance duties, preventive maintenance, service calls, and emergency maintenance as needed and assigned.
- With supervision and/or direction, performs general maintenance duties, such as: fixing wall covers, floor covers and some furniture and fixtures; light plumbing work, minor electrical repair, and appliance repairs.
- Completes apartment turnovers, including minor repairs, touch up painting, and restoring apartment to original condition.
- Performs regular pool, koi pond, and lake maintenance.
- Performs painting and refurbishing projects, simple carpentry and drywall. Performs minor building and equipment repairs.
- Assists residents with hanging pictures, changing light bulbs in high locations, changing the settings on their unit�s thermostat, simple plumbing emergencies, and other assistance as needed.
- Provides excellent customer service to residents as demonstrated by doing the following:
- Previewing work order and arriving at the unit prepared with all tools/parts needed.
- Greets Resident(s) by name, introduces yourself, and explains to the Resident(s) what you will be working on.
- Always wears protective �booties� over shoes when entering residents� unit.
- If the Resident is not home, leave a note.
- Thoroughly cleans up after yourself when finished with the job.
- Maintains personal cleanliness.
- When a Resident asks you to do something not on the work order, if it will take less than 15 minutes, do it. If it will take over 15 minutes or doing it will make you late for an appointment, ask if you can use their phone to call in the work order on their behalf.
- Assigned one week of on-call duty as scheduled
- Conducts staff training related to safety items as scheduled by the Supervisor or Plant Operations Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate. Technical schooling and/or training preferred.
- Willing to commit to NOC shift
- Minimum of one year of previous work experience with electrical, plumbing, and painting in a complex commercial, industrial, or healthcare setting.
- Basic experience in logical troubleshooting.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic.
- Must have a passion for customer service.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Moderate to heavy physical effort throughout the work day. Must be able to walk, stand and stoop for up to 80% of the work day. May be exposed to the elements (heat, cold, rain); work in area with high voltage electricity, hazardous equipment and moving parts; and work on roof tops and other high places. Must be able to set up and climb ladders safely with tools and equipment necessary for assigned work. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. When lifting loads over 50 lbs., use two or more people. It is your responsibility to ask for assistance. Must be able to push and/or pull wheeled carts and equipment generally weighing up to 300 lbs. May be exposed to communicable diseases including HIV and Hepatitis B viruses; industrial and household chemicals; and offensive odors.
Welcome to The Glen at Scripps Ranch!
Located in Scripps Ranch - San Diego, The Glen at Scripps Ranch is a brand new developing Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC).
The Glen at Scripps Ranch offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with match.
Free employee gym, tuition assistance, commuter reimbursement, employee referral award, AND MORE!
Come join our dynamic team at a place where you can impact the lives of others! Apply today online or stop by to complete an application.