A Place to Build Your Future
Hearthside Foods Solutions, the food industry's largest contract manufacturer, has openings for experienced Maintenance Technicians for a continental evening shift. If working in a fast-paced, world-class production environment interests you, Hearthside is a great opportunity.
Hearthside is a new kind of food company, and the industry's largest contract manufacturer. You won't find our logo on store shelves, but our passion for quality and efficiency is evident in every product we make.
Founded in 2009, today we operate 38 production facilities in eight states, employing over 10,000 people. In an industry growing at 2%, we made the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies list three straight years. With fast growth comes opportunity, for our company and our employees. Our customers are some of the world's finest food companies.
Hearthside Foods offers health, 401k, dental, and vision insurance.
This position will be responsible for providing technical support for the electrical and control systems functions. Lead and assist with technical training for maintenance and production. Responsible for hardware and software process control systems including associated instrumentation. Issue, maintain and update related documentation as required. Project management responsibilities include administering upgrades/modifications/new installations to maintain and increase operational efficiency of the process.
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, the duties may include but are not limited to the following:
* Conducts estimation, planning and execution of extraordinary or general maintenance projects; develops and implements project descriptions, plan, timelines, resources, costs and other details
* Maintains and supports existing systems and structure; controls and supports the general operation for maximum reliability and up-time; develops and maintains maintenance contracts for key electronic components; and manages user's hardware and software work requests
* Ensures guidelines and procedures are followed for software changes, including written management approval, clear change definition; saves previous code, test, and validate new code to produce finish product; and updates process descriptions, P&IDs and other documentation when change is implemented
* Trains maintenance and production on documentation and equipment operation for newly installed projects and/or new employees that are placed in critical areas
* Directs and advises various groups on the implementation and use of the process control and data acquisition of software and hardware
* Other duties as identified or assigned
* Electrical to include VFD(s) and Servos
* Industrial electricity 480 VAC, 3Ø control system
* Ladder logic
* Allen-Bradley PLC software
* RS Logic Software, Panel View, Wonderware, Gateways, CTC, and NFPA 70E requirements
* Project management methodologies
* NFPA 70E Arc Flash program
* Project management leadership
* Training and troubleshooting
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Able to prioritize assignments
* Capable of functioning under stressful situation(s)
* Creating and maintaining departmental and project-operating budgets
* Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Successfully multi-task
* Work flexible hours
MS Office Suite; SAP and AutoCAD experience preferred
* Frequent production environment exposure which includes noise, dust, moving machinery, fork lifts, and fluctuations in temperature.
* Sitting at a work station for extended periods of time
* Stand, walk, climb stairs on a frequent basis
* Must be able to lift 20 pounds on a frequent basis
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or 5 years' related work experience in lieu of a degree
* 2-- 5 years in Electrical/Programming design and implementation preferred; Industrial Maintenance experience in manufacturing plant environment preferred
Safety & Environmental:
Employee shall follow factory safety & environmental objectives and targets; follow the plant safety rules, report incidents and near misses immediately, maintain compliance with regulations, and take personal ownership of the Safety in their area -- to include the safety of visitors and contractors. The employee will also take action to reduce negative environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water and will also recycle all appropriate materials (paper, plastic, food, etc.)
Employees shall follow factory food safety, quality objectives & targets; follow Hearthside Good Manufacturing Practices, report food safety and quality issues immediately and maintain compliance with regulations. The employee will also understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as indicated on QMS, OJT's and SOP's that apply
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled