Compass Health Center is a premier outpatient psychiatric facility with two locations in Northbrook and Chicago. Compass specializes in partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs. We are a personable and passionate staff invested in helping our patients and their families, and our co-workers.
Compass Health Center is seeking a highly motivated Maintenance Worker to assist in the area of facilities operations in our Northbrook location. This person will be primarily located at Northbrook with flexibility to travel to Chicago on an as needed basis.
We are looking for someone to support the mission of Compass Health Center through efforts to maintain and enhance the work environment.
The Facility Technician will be responsible for operating the property, daily physical inspection of the property, resolving employee complaints, generating various reports and ensuring that all requests/complaints are responded to in a timely, efficient and courteous manner.
As the Maintenance Worker, your job duties will include:
- Day to day operations in facilities management functions
- Maintain a safe, clean and comfortable work environment for employees and patients
- Coordinate, oversee and/or manage repair and maintenance work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors performing building maintenance, landscaping, and janitorial work
- Coordinate, oversee and/or manage expansion projects
- Minor repairs and other work performed within scope of skills (ex: electrical work, furniture assembly, updating office labeling system)
- Review work orders within a maintenance portal ticket system to ensure assignments are completed
- Responsible for daily, monthly, quarterly, annual facilities inspections, logs and reports
- Coordinate and manage moves, relocations, special events and projects
- On-call after hours to respond to alarms and emergencies
- Maintaining office furniture inventory and needs
- Understanding office emergency procedures
- Set up and take down for CEU lectures, all staff meetings as well as other special events
- Assist in hazardous clean up
- Assist in facility supply orders
- Office supply organization/stocking supplies upon arrival
- There will be light psychical demands of this position up to 25% of your time, including lifting up to 50 lbs, carrying, walking, pulling and pushing.
You would be the ideal candidate, if you:
- Possess 1-3 years of facilities maintenance or property management experience
- Possess an understanding of OSHA and life safety regulations
- Demonstrate an understanding of systems such as plumbing, HVAC, electrical and mechanical
- Demonstrate good judgement, strong communication skills, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Have a positive attitude and a passion for working with people
- Are diligent, organized, professional, detail-oriented and possess an ability to multitask
The benefits of working at Compass Health Center:
Compass Health Center offers our full-time employees a competitive total compensation package, including:
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision and Accident Insurance
- 401K with generous company match
- Increased PTO with years of employment
- Performance based raise structure, with the opportunity for an annual raise, up to 6%, based on annual review