If you have a background or interest in manufacturing and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, Johns Manville is the company for you! The job requires that the employee be able to work safely and follow safety rules. Employee must be dependable, able to follow instructions and directions, according to established operating procedures, performs the following duties :
The Entry Maintenance Technician at our South Gate, CA facility will have responsibility to inspect, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment, systems, buildings, facilities, and physical structures.
* Understand plant processes and equipment to maximize safety, quality, and productivity.
* Maintain clean work areas and maintain equipment in good working conditions in accordance with a 6S program.
* Perform various types of data entry within the SAP system.
* Ability to read and understand mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical schematics.
* Demonstrate a basic mechanical aptitude in fabrication, use of hand tools, use of shop tools, and pipe fitting.
* Understand basic electricity by demonstrating knowledge of electrical circuits and the use of troubleshooting tools and procedures.
* Demonstrate basic welding and oxy-acetylene cutting abilities.
* Demonstrate mechanical proficiency in pump and gearbox repairs.
* Knowledge of PLCs and ladder logic are a plus but not a requirement.
* Adhere to safety policies and practices while on Johns Manville property or when representing Johns Manville.
* You will, from time to time, be required to undertake the other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
* Maintain a flexible work schedule and be able to work overtime as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled