Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana & California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Job Duties and Responsibilities - General Maintenance Technician
• General maintenance at MBC
• Maintain good housekeeping – maintain area including trash, and all cast off material
• Operates equipment such as carry deck, forklift, scissor lift
• Completes basic and routine tasks related in support of operations
• The position is diverse and job tasks will vary on a daily basis.
• Assembles and repairs equipment, using hand tools and power tools:
• Digs holes, sets forms, and mixes and pours concrete into forms, using posthole digger, hand tools, wheelbarrows, etc.
• Dismantles and assembles general equipment using hand and power tools
• Remove and replace process filters and maintain waste filter area
• Help to install process blinds and flanges
• Utilize multi-limb coordination and flexibility combined with control precision to perform fine motor skills including: finger manipulation, grasping, feeling, arm-hand steadiness, in order to push, pull or lift objects.
• Work may involve climbing at heights at or above six feet.
• Ability to follow and adhere to all applicable safety regulations including, but not limited to, Targa’s processes and procedures, Site Specific Rules, State and Federal regulations.
• Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing; ability to lift, push/pull 75 pounds.
• Auditory attention and hearing sensitivity is required, as candidates must possess the ability to distinguish various sounds that serve as key maintenance and safety indicators.
• Must employ the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the company's Environmental, Health, and Safety policies.
• Performs other work related duties as needed
• Complete other general maintenance in other departments
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• 0-1 years’ experience knowledge, skills and abilities
• Working knowledge of the English language, with the ability to speak, read and write to convey information
• Ability to think critically and logically to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Capable of converting verbal or written instructions into productive action
• Willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback
• Basic pipe, valve and fitting knowledge
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
• Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage time when given multiple tasks.
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and be able to respond to call-outs as need to fulfill business objectives.
• Full exposure to extreme weather changes and humidity/moisture relative to atmospheric condition variations Includes exposure to extreme summer and winter temperatures, as well as rain, sleet, and snow
• Work generally performed in an industrial environment (indoor or outdoor) with various hazards and noise exposure.
• Travel may be required for assignments, meetings, and training.
• The job also requires availability for rotating on-call schedule, unscheduled call-outs and extended workdays and/or workweeks.
• Overtime, Weekend and/or Holiday hours may be required as directed by business needs.
• 3 years plant experience preferred
• Plant equipment maintenance experience
• Experience and ability using hand and power tools
• Certified Operator 8-50 Ton Crane
• Certified Operator Cherry Picker
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.