Maintenance Technician – Packaging (SAPB) - (190000I4)
We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring for our next Maintenance Technician – Packaging
in Breinigsville, PA.
Position requires a high level of electrical knowledge, including but not limited to the responsibilities listed below. Candidates must be a self-starter willing to accept “operational responsibility” as well as willing to work any shift including weekends.
What You'll Do:
- Diagnose and repair of all machinery and process system malfunctions, must be fluent in electrical troubleshooting.
- Diagnose and repair motors, breakers, switches, starters, relays, timers, photo/ultrasonic sensors, level and pressure switches, and power supplies.
- Diagnose and repair PLC and VFD control/related systems
- Diagnose and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Diagnose, repair and overhaul process pumps, automatic control valves, sensors, positioners, actuators, electrical AC/DC troubleshooting, and related systems.
- Diagnose and repair of all mechanical power transmission equipment.
- Maintain accurate records and data.
- High school diploma and applicable technical knowledge required.
- Experience in the installation and repair of electrical and, mechanical and High Speed packaging equipment required.
- 480v 3 phase knowledge required.
- Experience with VFD’s, control systems (PLC’s/HMI’s), electrical protective devices with knowledge of calibration procedures and equipment including Fluke and Transcat.
- Good math, oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting ability, both electrical and mechanical.
- Experience with participative leadership and time management.
- Statistical process control and problem solving skills required.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and teambuilding skills.
- Proven analytical, planning, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Self-starter, proactive.
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team environment.
- Highly effective multi-tasker; resourceful with a “get-it-done, can-do” attitude.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint or MS Access
- Must be able to work in a team oriented and “Safety First” environment. Safely, efficiently and effectively work to attain department and brewery goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of electrical power distribution.
- Working with high voltage switchgears and perform medium and high voltage switching a plus.
- Experienced in welding, sanitary welding, pipe fitting, soldering and rigging.
- Experienced in machine shop to machine within specific tolerance.
- Skilled in developing and implementing PPM and troubleshooting programs and job aids.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with all team peers and customers.
- •Ability to endure on a daily basis, excessive walking, standing, crouching, lifting (excess of 60lbs), twisting, climbing, reaching.
- Must be available to support shift, weekend and holiday schedules as required.
- Mechanical or Trade school degree
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience and knowledge of personal/process control computers, programmable logic controllers (PLC), and Networking devices. Allen Bradley and Modicon experience preferred.
- 4-6 years’ experience and demonstrated history of troubleshooting and repairing high speed packaging equipment.
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Systems (CMMS) a plus.
- Knowledge and practice of NFPA 70E preferred.
- Ability to endure on a daily basis, excessive walking, standing, crouching, lifting (excess of 60lbs), twisting 60lbs), twisting, climbing, reaching
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand for long periods of time, climb flights of stairs, work from elevated areas, and wear a respirator and/or hearing protection when required by the job.
- There is frequent exposure to warehouse/production environments subject to noise and cold/hot temperature changes.
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.
Primary Location: SAPB
Actual Location: Breinigsville, PA
7880 Penn Dr.