JOB AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
Position Title: Machine Repair Tech Department: Product Operations
Reports To: Focused Factory Leader Location: Hydratight - US
Status: Hourly Labor Grade: T1
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining and repairing our production equipment and systems in a safe and efficient manner. The Maintenance Technician is also responsible for facility maintenance. Compliance with regulations and established policies, procedures and best practices is required. The position requires self-motivation and the ability to complete scheduled daily tasks independently and with minimal supervision. Strong focus on safety is a MUST!
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical problems and have PLC experience or tech school. Experience with high and low voltage electrical.
- Must be able to fill out PM paperwork, keep parts and manuals organized and order parts as needed.
- Repair and maintain plant machinery and mechanical equipment
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures.
- Must be able to troubleshoot pneumatics and hydraulics with the aid of schematics.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on building and equipment
- Create new or replacement parts for various machines via existing fabrication equipment
- Safely operate material handling equipment using proper rigging techniques as needed
- Troubleshooting: Confers with operators and observes, listens for unusual sounds, tests, and evaluates operation of machinery and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction
- Disassembles machinery and equipment to gain access and remove defective parts, make repairs, and then reassemble
- Installs, repairs, replaces, changes, adjusts, and aligns components of machinery and equipment
- Test-runs repaired machinery and equipment to verify adequacy of repairs
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of equipment and machinery
- Examines parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear
- Completes daily work orders within the time frame specified on the work order
- Installs machinery and equipment
- Performs routine preventative maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of the building does not deteriorate
- Inspects drives, motors and belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, and performs other maintenance functions, following checklists.
- Orders or requisitions parts and supplies from catalogs and suppliers, or obtains them from store room
- Will be issued a Company Phone and will be expected within reason to take off work phone calls from the Shop, and at times work outside of the normally scheduled hours.
- Shares an obligation to protect and strengthen Hydratight’s good reputation in our relationships with customers, employees, suppliers, competitors, investors, and governmental agencies, and to act consistently with our core values: Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork
Qualifications - Education, Experience, and/or Training
- High school diploma or equivalent; a minimum of two years' experience as maintenance technician or have an Associate's Degree in Electromechanical Technology.
- Strong electrical skills (troubleshooting, PLC, drives, contactors, etc.).
- Strong mechanical skills (bearing installations, machining a plus, reading prints, checking tolerances, etc.).
- Must have the ability to perform safety procedures and lock-out/tag-out programs.
- Must have the ability to deal with multiple priorities.
- Employee must be able to perform work assignments using ladders, scaffolding, man lifts and tow motors without fear of heights.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to read interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups or customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific visions abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Basic computer skills include knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word and the applicable functions of the company business system.
- Encourages and facilitates change
- Possesses the ability to clarify complex situations
- Promotes diversity of ideas
- Able to manage multiple priorities with a bias towards action and speed
- Searches for solutions, drives continuous improvement and constantly raises the bar to stretch own and others’ levels of achievement
- Customer focused
- Constantly displays integrity and respect
- Bases decisions on fact and adopts a disciplined approach
- Actively engages in discussions and openly supports team decisions
Hydratight expects all employees to perform their employment responsibilities in keeping with the highest standards of quality at all times. The above description statements describe the principle functions of the occupation and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements inherent in the occupation.