PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To maintain and repair mechanical tool machinery, electronic equipment and electrical systems and to perform other preventative maintenance and repair services on a regular basis throughout the company. To perform assigned tasks and functions in accordance with organizational instructions, established safety procedures and ISO standards.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Uses testing equipment to diagnose mechanical tool and electronic problems/malfunctions in machinery and equipment. Identifies and troubleshoots electrical, HVAC and other failures/malfunctions in building systems, etc.
2. Demonstrated competent use of applicable tools for the following tasks as required:
Performs mechanical tool installation and repair work including replacing/rebuilding: Hydraulic components, Pneumatic components, O-rings, Shafts, Belts, Gearing,Performs electronic/electrical installation and repair work including – I/O, Electrical motor servo-drive feedback, HVAC and building wiring systems, Electrical component retro-fitting
3. Utilization of exterior resources: Evaluates the need for outside assistance and recommends appropriate action to supervisor, Coordinates with supervisor and purchasing agent to requisition required parts and supplies for repair work, Assists Management and Purchasing in coordinating outside services and in directing/monitoring contract work.
4. Preventative Maintenance support and participation: Assists in the development and implementation of an effective plant-wide preventative maintenance program, Performs preventative maintenance services consistent with established program and schedule to plant machinery and equipment. This typically includes: adding/changing coolants, lubricants and filters, greasing, cleaning exteriors, tightening and adjusting machine components, etc.
5. Fabricates guards, shields, tables, stands, and other devices, as apparent or assigned, to improve the safety and/or operational features of machines.
6. Performs general maintenance and repair work, as assigned, including painting, plumbing, carpentry, mounting benches, installing ballasts and replacing light bulbs, etc.
7. Performs facility maintenance projects as apparent or assigned.
8. Housekeeping: Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition. Works safely, and complies with all established safety rules and work practices. Maintains oils, chemicals and other storeroom items in a safe and orderly manner. Keeps supervisor informed of inventory levels and ensures that all chemicals are properly identified and stored.
9. Documentation: Maintains records/reports as required. Keeps supervisor informed of job related problems and other information related to work activity. Complies with company, department and section policies and procedures as applicable.
10. Maintains a positive work attitude and promotes a “team” approach throughout the department.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- High school graduate or equivalent, plus at least 2 years of technical training with course work in mechanical maintenance, electronics and electrical repair.
- At least 4 years of related industrial maintenance and repair experience.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, electrical schematics, P&ID drawings, and equipment designs and specifications.
- Ability to effectively diagnose and troubleshoot problems or potential problems.
- Knowledge of outside contractors and the ability to coordinate outside contract activity.
- Displays a positive attitude and strong desire to learn and grow.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of company personnel, outside contractors and others.
- Displays a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Successfully complete all company training as required.
- G.E.D. or H.S. Diploma
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
REQUIREMENTS FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE:
- Thorough knowledge of all maintenance policies, programs, methods and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to perform and/or coordinate preventative maintenance and repair services on a regular basis throughout the company.
- Demonstrated ability to properly diagnose and repair mechanical tool machinery, electronic equipment and electrical systems.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to determine the cause of problems and to recommend/implement effective solutions.
- Ability to effectively schedule work and maintain accurate records.
- Knowledge of outside contracts for maintenance services or replacement parts.
- Must display a “sense of urgency” in meeting schedules and solving problems.
- Cooperates well as a “team” member.
- Knowledge of operating methods and procedures as they relate to their work center.
- Works safely and keeps work area clear of potential hazards.
- Deals effectively and cooperatively with established policies and procedures.
- Welding experience strongly preferred, no certification required.
This position requires climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motion. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to view a computer terminal, visual inspection of small parts and machinery, operate machines, determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures. The worker is exposed to inside and outside weather conditions, noise, vibration, hazards such as proximity to moving parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working in high places, narrow aisles and passageways.