Maintenance Technician – Heat Treat Plant
(Immediate, Full-Time Opportunity)
Nitrex has been a leading international metal heat treating company, serving the Chicago area for over 30 years. Our Chicago Plant is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable candidate to join our maintenance team.
Our maintenance technicians maintain, diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic breakdowns of all process and facility equipment. Candidates must be experienced in electrical (including PLC), hydraulic, mechanical, plumbing and welding and be able to diagnose and troubleshoot in a cost-effective method. Work is performed in our large industrial facility.
Nitrex is committed to training our employees and developing their careers. We offer many benefits to our employees including paid vacation, excellent health, vision, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance coverage, and 401k investment options.
We are offering this position for 1st shift.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain, diagnose and repair all process and facility equipment and machinery
- Create and maintain preventative maintenance schedules including repairs and calibrations
- Fabricating equipment or components which may include carpentry forming, bending, rigging and/or welding
- Must become proficient in all aspects of equipment and facility operations
- Overall facility maintenance
- Responsible for following safety standards and reporting foreseeable safety issues
- Complying with all state and company regulations
- Keeping a clean and safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year experience in maintenance
- Must demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must be reliable
- May be asked to work extended hours and/or weekends on occasion
- Degree or certification
- Training in hydraulics, mechanical or electrical trades
- Forklift experience