Reports to: Site General Manager
Overview: Employees at this level are expected to perform minor repairs and improvements in a variety of trades under the direction of a group leader or maintenance supervisor.
- Must know all Safety Requirements, Departmental and Plant Wide
- Must be able to maintain departmental 5-S for assigned areas and equipment
- Must be able to complete required departmental paper work. Have general knowledge of computer software and maintenance work order system
- Must be able to locate all Equipment in any building by Cost Center and Asset number
- Must be able to identify all Plant utilities and know their point of origin
- Must know proper operation of overhead crane with light and heavy loads
- Must be knowledgeable Forklift Operator, trained and certified by Safety Department
- Technician must know how to use Meter and Amp. Clamp to check Electrical circuits
- Must also be able to do Electrical repairs such as receptacles, lighting, check blown fuses, coils and heater circuits
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to , mechanical , electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of production machines
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair test and make adjustments
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Authorities for an employee are granted by means of work instructions, policies and procedures and/or direction provided by management to meet the requirements of the customer
- High School Education or GED
- 2-3 years on the job experience
- Considerable knowledge of methods, materials, tools and practices used in electrical or mechanical areas.
- Ability to interface and work from sketches and prints.
- Must be able to detect defects in machinery and equipment and make proper repairs or adjustments.
Work Environment: This job operates in an manufacturing environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud, but are compliant with OSHA standards
Physical Demands: This job requires standing for long periods of time , reaching, talking handling objects with hands, walking stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 40 lbs : Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print or electronically.
This job description should not be construed to imply these requirements are exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instruction and perform any other related duties required by the supervisor.