StoneRiver is a Company to Call Home
Our focus on people, genuine relationships, and shared values has created a unique working environment that stands out and sets us apart from others in the industry. Every day, our team members work together in a vibrant culture with an ownership spirit that promotes and rewards achievements. StoneRiver provides career advancement opportunities, ongoing corporate training programs, and competitive compensation, benefits and incentive programs.
If you’re looking for a career with a family-oriented company look no further than StoneRiver!
Position: Maintenance Technician
As a Maintenance Technician, your overall responsibility will be to ensure that the apartment units and other property facilities at your assigned location remain in good working order. You will be responsible for performing tasks which may include service requests and preparing units for rent availability (including painting units and landscape duties.) The maintenance team will keep a planned preventive maintenance schedule and follow up with residents after repairs are completed.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Receiving service orders, prioritizing them, and handling each order in an efficient, timely and accurate manner
- Performing repairs or maintenance on incoming work orders to ensure that it is properly and quickly completed
- Assisting your team with complex orders or, when more than one associate is needed, completing the job
- You may be asked to contact approved vendors for any work not performed by in house staff
- Performing tasks for a preventive schedule
- Ensuring newly vacated units are prepared to rent
- Keeping the shop organized and in good working order
- Ordering parts and supplies as needed
- Keeping the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Property Manager are informed on the overall condition of the property and coordinating resolution of outstanding issues
- Assisting or performing landscape and housekeeping functions of the property as needed
- Being polite and courteous to residents at all times
- Working on-call as required
- Performing other miscellaneous duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED
Minimum 2 years of experience in performing mechanical repairs and maintenance of home-related mechanical equipment
HVAC certification and experience
EPA Type II or Universal certification, plus any additional certifications as required for your property
CPO Certified (Certified Pool & Spa Operator)
Valid driver’s license
Residence within 30 miles of your assigned property
Basic knowledge of the repair and maintenance of other household appliances, plumbing, and lighting fixtures
- Availability for on-call rotation
Ability to communicate with residents, vendors, and co-workers in a friendly and businesslike manner
Ability to function well as part of a team
Strong multitasking skills
Ability to work in disagreeable conditions, both outside and inside, for extended periods of time
Ability to regularly lift weights of over 50 lbs.
- Skill in efficiently using common and specialized repair and maintenance tools
As a Maintenance Technician with StoneRiver Property Management, you will be part of team-oriented organization where your opinions are truly valued. We will reward your hard work and professional dedication with competitive compensation, including full benefits.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Short- and long-term disability
401(k) w/ company match
Paid time off