The Boise factory is currently recruiting for 2 positions on swing and night shift. Will be responsible for equipment reliability, including, but not limited to: performing PM's, work orders and other emergency repairs as directed by the Maintenance Manager. This position exists to ensure the production equipment is properly maintained in order to produce and package all products.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
Troubleshoot and perform mechanical repairs on processing and packaging equipment
Perform PM's on process and packaging equipment
Perform safety audits on processing and packaging equipment
* Develop and maintain documentation of assigned projects and equipment repairs through work orders
* Operate a forklift as needed
* Follow LOTO and safety requirements.
* Actively participate in HPS, and support maintenance/production KPIs
* Troubleshoot and performing electrical repairs on processing and packaging equipment from 24 volt DC to 480 volt AC.
* Perform electrical schematic reading
* Process instrument calibration
* Mentor junior grade mechanics and operators
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
* Knowledge and experience with SAP a plus
* Knowledge of root cause analysis and breakdown analysis
* Knowledge of PM practices and PM task creation
* Proficiency in Mechanical repairs on processing and packaging equipment.
* Fabrication with use of TIG and MIG welders, Lathe, Mill, Drill Press, Bench Grinder, Band Saw, Shear, Break, Press, and other shop and hand tools.
* Read and interpret documents such drawings, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited directions are provided. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions presented in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Electrical Knowledge including AC/DC circuits, motor controls including VFD's
* Read and interpret electrical drawings.
* Use electrical test instruments such as volt/ohm/milliamp-meter, amp probe and megger.
* Be detail-oriented, self-directed, have strong self-confidence and excellent verbal communication skills
* Work overtime on short notice, including call-ins for emergencies
* Work is primarily done in a manufacturing setting at 8-12 hour shifts
* Continuous production environment exposure; which includes noise, dust, moving machinery, fork lifts and fluctuations in temperature
* Maintain harmonious working relations with employees from all departments and management from all levels
* Communicate effectively with all employees and management
High school diploma or G.E.D. required
3 -10 years of related work experience, including experience in the food industry
* Must be detail-oriented, self-directed, have strong self-confidence and have excellent oral communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled