- Breinigsville, PA 18031, USA
Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry farmers in the United States, Canada and Chile, who have helped preserve the family farming way of life for generations. The cooperative’s cranberries are currently featured in more than a thousand great-tasting, good-for-you products in over 100 countries worldwide. With more than 2,000 employees and nearly 20 receiving and processing facilities, Ocean Spray is committed to managing our business in a way that respects our communities, colleagues and the environment.
Ocean Spray believes that our colleagues are our best assets and we offer an environment where you can work with exceptionally smart, innovative and passionate teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean Spray products around the world.
This position is located at our facility in Lehigh Valley, PA. This 300,000 square foot plant was built in 2014 and is the newest Ocean Spray facility, capable of producing up to 40 million cases per year. This volume represents 40% of Ocean Spray’s North American volume and is operated with a workforce of approximately 189 employees.
A Day in the Life of a Maintenance Technician:
We are looking for an experienced electro-mechanical technician for our high speed beverage manufacturing facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance, routine repairs, install, and troubleshoot plant production equipment to optimize safety, quality, and productivity. Candidate will be required to learn multiple functions within our production and maintenance areas.
What We Are Looking For:
- Perform regular and preventive maintenance on equipment to eliminate unscheduled downtime.
- Perform changeovers in an efficient and timely manner.
- Train operators in Level 1 PM's and other mechanics in all aspects of equipment maintenance and operation (TPM).
- Fabricate materials or rebuild parts to maintain and upgrade equipment as required.
- Take corrective action as required by initiated work orders through the Maximo System or as circumstances dictate and write new work orders to account for unplanned corrective maintenance time.
- Interpret basic blueprints, schematics, and exploded parts diagrams.
- Initiate purchase of required tools, parts, and materials and maintain accountability for tools issued.
- Use proper lockout/tagout/tryout, confined space, and hot works permits to maintain a safe environment and comply with EHS regulatory procedures.
- Make recommendations for equipment upgrades and modifications, as well as mechanical safety procedures.
- Upgrade skills and knowledge as equipment and technology develops.
- Perform all work to reflect a team environment, quality workmanship, with personal commitment to quality craftsmanship and job ownership.
- Discern quality product and container integrity in accordance with Ocean Spray's quality guidelines.
- Basic knowledge of PLC's (Programmable Logic Controls) and ladder logic.
- Perform all work in accordance with GMP's, housekeeping, good safety practices, and environmental regulations.
- Ability to work twelve (12) hour shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Prefer 3 to 5 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic computer skills as needed (i.e. Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook, Maximo, OEE).
- Must possess good reading, writing and math skills.
- Good interpersonal skills associated with the need to work constructively within a team environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.