Maintenance Technician - Brewing - (190000E9)
We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring for our nextMaintenance Technician – BrewinginBreinigsville, PA.
Position requires a high level of mechanical knowledge, some electrical, including but not limited to the responsibilities listed below. Candidates must be a self-starter willing to accept “operational responsibility” as well as willing to work any shift including weekends.
What You'll Do:
- Must be able to work with a team-oriented, “Safety First” approach. Safely, efficiently, and effectively work to attain department and brewery objectives.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships among peers and customers.
- Must observe and practice all Department/Brewery Procedures. Including the proper use of all PPE, this may include but is not limited to; voluntary respirators, bump caps, safety shoes, hearing protection, and eye protection in conjunction with all GMP regulations.
- Diagnose and repair of all machinery and process malfunctions, must be fluent in mechanical troubleshooting, electrical troubleshooting a plus.
- Diagnose and repair of all mechanical power transmission equipment. Knowledge of Gear boxes, mechanical drives, and variable speed applications.
- Diagnose and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Knowledge of Cylinders, valves, manifolds, vacuum systems, air filtration and lubrication devices.
- Diagnose, repair and overhaul process pumps, automatic control valves, sensors, positioners, actuators, basic electrical AC/DC troubleshooting, and related systems.
- Proficient in knowledge of bearings, pulleys, chain drives, belt drives, and lubricants standards and applications.
- Read and decipher mechanical drawings, schematics, and piping diagrams.
- On a daily basis, communicate with coworkers, face to face, Brewery phones, and radio. Must carry radio as required.
- Perform work and cleaning in confined space areas
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be receptive to working in a team environment, build and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Experience in installation and repair of mechanical, electrical, pumps and valve cluster arrangements required.
- Excellent mechanical troubleshooting ability, electrical a plus.
- Trending Data analysis and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and teambuilding skills.
- Experience with VFD’s, control systems (PLC’s/HMI’s), electrical protective devices with knowledge of calibration procedures and equipment including Fluke and Transcat.
- Skilled in application and use of mechanical tools, hand tools, and power tools.
- Skilled in machine shop to machine within specific tolerance using various measuring equipment.
- Skilled in welding, sanitary welding, pipe fitting, soldering and rigging is desired. Vernier calipers, Micrometers and depth gauges etc.
- Highly effective multi-tasker; resourceful with a “get-it-done, can-do” attitude.
- Knowledge and practice of NFPA 70E preferred.
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Self-starter, proactive.
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team environment.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office, including MS Word, MS Excel.
- Ability to endure on a daily basis, excessive walking, standing, crouching, lifting (excess of 60lbs), twisting, climbing, reaching.
- Must be available to support shift, weekend and holiday schedules as required.
- 4-6 years’ experience and demonstrated history of troubleshooting and repairing equipment (described above) and personal/process control computers, programmable logic controllers (PLC), and Networking devices. Allen Bradley and Modicon experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Systems (CMMS) a plus.
- 480v 3 phase knowledge required.
- Knowledge and practice of NFPA 70E preferred.
- Ability to endure on a daily basis, excessive walking, standing, crouching, lifting (excess of 60lbs), twisting 60lbs), climbing, reaching
- Use of appropriate PPE
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand for long periods of time, climb flights of stairs, work from elevated areas, and wear a respirator and/or hearing protection when required by the job.
- Communicate with coworkers, face to face, Brewery phones, and radio. Must carry radio as required.
- There is frequent exposure production environments subject to noise and cold/hot temperature changes.
- Work overtime as needed which may require 12-hour days, weekends, and holidays
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.
Primary Location: SAPB
Actual Location: Breinigsville, PA
7880 Penn Dr.