Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structure, including pipe, electrical and HVAC systems by following specifications, blueprints, manuals and schematic drawings using hand tools, power tools, hoist, crane, and measuring and testing instruments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment, using electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discuss machine operation variations with supervisor or coworkers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts, following specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery, using rags, brushes, and grease gun.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure and equipment for building.
- Maintains logs on all production equipment in accordance with quality procedures.
- Communicates with co-workers and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate job activities.
- Follows all safety procedures and wears safety equipment or apparel as required.
- Performs all job functions to meet acceptable quality and performance standards.
- Ensures on a daily basis that the work area is clean and orderly including machine, tooling and workstation.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 4 years of related education or work experience in a manufacturing faciltiy. Ability to read schematics is required