Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Responsible for maintenance, servicing and repairs of roads and other infrastructure assets. This individual will be responsible for maintaining contracted assets (such as roadways, medians, signs, guardrails, fences, bridges, tunnels, vegetation, etc.) per standards in the contract and as directed by supervisor.
* This position is for a Maintenance Technician working in all areas of Okaloosa County including Fort Walton Beach, Shalimar, Mary Esther, Destin, Niceville, Baker, Crestview, Holt, Laurel Hill.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Creates safe Maintenance of Traffic (M.O.T) control by setup and removal of traffic control devices including cones, message/arrow boards, temporary signage, etc.
· Must be comfortable working from heights in bucket trucks, scaffolding, ladders and aerial platforms lifts.
· Basic maintenance and repair of bridge structures and equipment rooms including portals, railings, expansion joints, doors, and painting as required.
· Repairs/maintains functionality of roadway catch basins, sumps and pumps, fire hydrants and other mechanical assets through use of shovels and other hand or power tools and equipment.
· Repairs/maintains functionality of equipment room ventilation systems
· Repairs/maintains basic electrical systems including emergency telephones, CCTV systems, electronic traffic signs, call boxes, lane signals, lighting,
· Transports crew and equipment to work sites operating vehicle large trucks and specialized motor vehicles and trailers.
· Required to be available for emergency response rotations as need for overtime, evenings, weekends, and holidays
· Positively contribute to a diverse, inclusive and fair work environment, free from discrimination, bullying and harassment.
· Carry out all duties in line with Company policies and procedures as amended from time to time.
· Maintain and repair highway and other surfaces including potholes, striping, adding or replacing reflectors, working with concrete and asphalt.
· Creates safe traffic control by setup and removal of traffic control devices including cones, message/arrow boards, temporary signage, etc.
· Maintains clean appearance of highways and medians through litter and debris removal and disposal (may use litter claw or other device)
· Repairs/maintains functionality of slopes, berms, culverts, drains, etc. through use of shovels and other hand or power tools and equipment
· Controls vegetation appearance and growth through use of lawn mowing equipment, hand or power trimmers, and chemical sprayers and other methods
· Maintains the appearance and functionality of signs, guardrails, fence, and lighting through repair and/or replacement using hand or power tools.
· Keep roadways free of debris including ice and snow by using snow removal and/or sanding equipment
· Transports crew and equipment to work sites operating vehicle pickup trucks and specialized motor vehicles
· Required to be available and accessible for emergency response rotations as need for overtime, evenings, weekends, and holidays
· All other duties as assigned.
· Avoids legal challenges by complying with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Demonstrated knowledge of underground infrastructure maintenance.
· Must practice safe work methods to remain accident and injury free.
· Ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
· Will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to your job.
· Ability to cooperate and communicate written or verbally with co-workers and supervisor.
· Ability to perform basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply divide, calculate proportions, percentages, measurements).
· Ability to understand instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals to comply with contractual requirements
· Ability to work flexibly and willingness to work extensively to meet business needs
· High level of attention to detail.
· Takes ownership of responsibilities
· Basic knowledge of the standard methods, materials, tools and equipment used in concrete, asphalt repair, construction and maintenance.
· Skill in the use and care of small hand power tools associated with the work.
· Ability to interface with the public in a professional manner.
Education and Experience
· HS Diploma or GED (Required)
· One (1) year work experience in infrastructure, maintenance, and repair. (Preferred)
· A valid driver license and a good driving record are required to drive a company vehicle.
· CDL, DOT/MTO certifications, Electrical and Welding Certifications (Highly Desirable)
Work Conditions / Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely exposed to traffic and outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; fume or airborne particles. Frequent exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, frequent exposure to insects and infrequent exposure to reptiles/rodents. The noise level in the work environment usually moderate but on occasion can be more than moderate.
The employee is regularly required to stand; sit; walk on a wide range of surfaces; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted. Use manual and powered pneumatic, hydraulic, gas, and electric powered tools and equipment. Vision abilities include both close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to pass fit test for respirator as required. Ability to work at heights. Ability to work in confined spaces.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D