Ingleside at King Farm (IKF) is a not-for-profit, continuing care retirement community central to the award-winning inter-generational King Farm community. Gardenside, our upcoming addition, represents even more choices for people who are looking for an exceptional, independent lifestyle with upscale offerings, modern amenities and the security of five-star rated on-site health services. If you meet the requirements of this position, take accountability for your actions, treat everyone with respect, are innovative, a good steward of resources and assets and strive for excellence we would be honored to review your cover letter and application.
We are currently looking for a full time Maintenance Technician 1.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), four (4) to five (5) years HVAC/electrical/plumbing experience or trade school training required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Incumbent should be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form, possess verbal and written communication ability, basic math skills, strong customer service skills, and be available at all times. Must be proficient in the operation of computer applications, maintenance equipment such as basic tools, ladders, plumbing tools etc. and Snow removal.
This position is primarily responsible for performing basic building repairs to include electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and carpentry.
Provides routine and general maintenance throughout Ingleside properties.
- Conducts rounds assigned to by the Property Management Supervisor at beginning of each shift; ensures all lights are in proper working order; hazards are recorded and repaired etc.
- Performs preventive maintenance as required.
- Removes snow in the winter as needed by use of shovel, snow blower or other snow removal equipment if trained to do so.
- Assists with landscaping as requested; adjusts sprinklers/watering of grounds, power washes the community, cleans gutters etc.
- Provides minor vehicle repairs as requested
- Complete Work order as assigned.
- Records all maintenance conducted in time log.
- Completes all non-emergency work orders within 72 hours of receiving notice of repair needed.
- Performs repairs to windows, doors, doorframes, locks, and mailboxes as required.
- Performs rough and finish carpentry, such as repairing furniture, placement of backing for support, working with wood and steel framing.
- Maintenance mechanic must be available 24 hrs. during the week he/she ON CALL
- Maintain assigned Life Safety Regulatory log books and inspections.
- Provides excellent customer service to resident
- Other duty as assign
As an employer committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Ingleside recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Due to the large number of applicants please DO NOT call to check on the status of your application. Hiring managers will review all applicants and contact those that are the best qualified.