At Graham Packaging, our people drive packaging innovation for some of the most influential consumer brands in the world. To work with big brands, you need to be on the cutting edge, constantly reinventing the future and always willing to change.
Since our beginnings, this dynamic environment has forged a culture where you don't need to wonder where your next opportunity will come from -- the opportunities are all around you. All you have to do is take them.
With a global footprint of 100+ facilities across 16 countries and a committed team 7,000 strong, Graham Packaging offers you the ability to learn, the ability to grow and the ability to make your mark in a company that rewards doers, innovators and collaborators.
Join Graham Packaging today!
Graham Packaging Company is looking for a(n) Injection Mechanic based in Henderson NV. Please note that Shift assignment is based on Plant Needs and management reserves the right to assign personnel to shifts based on individual contribution and overall business needs.
Maintenance Technicians are responsible for installation and repair of equipment in the plant. The Maintenance Technician will perform preventative and reactive maintenance on all production equipment and building. The primary duties of a Maintenance Technician include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Focus on producing quality product by monitoring quality levels and adjust the manufacturing processes to ensure product integrity.
- Maintain controls for assuring successful plant performance to budgeted goals.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facilitys equipment.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during operation and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform simple machinist skills.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Assist and train production employees in proper operation and maintenance of machinery
- Limited travel may be required
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Two year Associate Degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field is preferred. A minimum of five years Industrial Maintenance Technician experience is preferred.
Maintenance Technicians are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed,age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.