At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
Responsible for maintaining facility and industrial maintenance. Maintaining, repairing and rebuilding various production machines and equipment. Responsible for the set up and use of tools and equipment before production use in order to ensure the optimum level of safety. Familiar with a variety of the production floor’s concepts, practices and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Provide safe general facility maintenance and repair.
- Provide safe repairs and modifications to plant equipment.
- Research repair parts.
- Responsible for reading, understanding and interpretation of blueprints, sketches and drawings.
- Responsible for safely calibrating, maintaining, repairing and troubleshooting instrumentation and equipment for laboratory and manufacturing plant to ensure conformance to establish calibration standards.
- Troubleshooting and repairing industrial ovens, HVAC systems and air compressors.
- Maintain computer-controlled motion of equipment during maintenance process, applying knowledge of program controls.
- Modifies sketches or computer-generated designs of machine components, such as hydraulic system and drive mechanism, applying knowledge of shop mathematics, hydraulics, and mechanics, utilizing computer and software programs.
- Actively participate in assigned safety related initiatives.
- Participate in and maintain departmental shop 5S standards.
- High School Diploma or GED is required: one year-certifcate or two year degree in a technical field is preferred.
- 4 years verifiable experience as a mechanical or electrical technician Technician . Industgrial maintenance in a manufacturing enfironment preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Basic computer skills with MS Excel, Word and Outlook Email.
- Strong Electrical and Mechanical Skills.
- Experience with 3 phase and high voltage electrical systems.
- Working knowledge of PLC’s.
- Experience working with AC and DC drives.
- Experience with chiller, air compressors, HVAC systems, and gas fired industrial ovens.
- Core Competencies: Customer Focus, Action Oriented, Decision Quality, Functional/Technical Skills, Integrity and Trust, Peer Relationships
- Other Competencies Required: Organization/Time Management
- Must achieve a passing score on the Ramsey mechanical and/or electrical skill assessment exam.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb, squat & stoop; reach with hands and arms; and use hands and fingers to feel, handle, push/pull levers & buttons, and operate various tools.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org