Who We Are
We are growing! We are hiring! We are South Oxford Management LLC, a full-service property management company with a portfolio of 48 communities across Texas, Florida, Georgia and Connecticut with 12,164 apartment units (and counting). We are dedicated to offering an exceptional experience to our residents and team members. Our owners bring years of expertise in the industry to South Oxford Management, assuring quality in every aspect of our business. From asset management to leasing, we are passionate about making positive experiences for people. From our residents to our team members, we are committed to putting people first in everything we do. If this sounds like a team you would like to join, apply today.
How You Will Contribute
The Maintenance Technician serves an integral role in the success of the community. They insure a safe, secure and comfortable living environment for residents, future residents, visitors and team members. They are responsible for maintaining the appearance of the community and the function of each apartment home.
Things You Will Do
- Provide outstanding customer service to residents and future residents
- Take pride in the apartment community; visually inspect and address areas of concern, keep community clean and make note of service needs
- Be mindful of the condition of the community and initiate action to correct unsafe conditions; e.g. broken gates leading to pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights
- Think safety first and ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected promptly
- Diagnose and perform maintenance/repairs including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical and pool maintenance
- Inspect and help coordinate all make-ready repairs and services
- Report major repairs and needs requisitions to maintenance supervisor and property manager
- Remove and transfer of appliances, abandoned furniture and equipment
- Schedule and perform routine preventive maintenance
- Communicate effectively with residents, future residents, visitors, vendors and team members while presenting a positive, professional image
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Community Manager
Things You Will Need
- High School diploma or equivalent
- General knowledge of all things pertaining to property maintenance
- Skill in the safe use and maintenance of hand and power tools
- Willingness to work a flexible work week including weekends and on-call hours
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Knowledgeable of pertinent laws including EPA and OSHA regulations
- Certified Pool Operator, Universal Freon License, including R410A preferable South Oxford Management is proud to provide training and licensing opportunities for experienced individuals ready to take the next step.
What We Will Provide You
South Oxford Management provides a range of insurance options and benefits for our full-time team members. Including:
- Comprehensive training
- Competitive salaries and bonuses
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- 401(k) plan with a company match
- Medical (Low PPO, High PPO)
- Dental (PPO, HMO)
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Apartment Discounts
- Employee Awards and Recognition
- Career Advancement Opportunities
You’re exceptional. Let us make you feel it. Join our team.
South Oxford Management LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
South Oxford Management LLC is committed to providing a work place that is free from the use, sale, possession, or distribution of illegal drugs and alcohol as well as free from the abusive use of legal drugs or alcohol. All job applicants are required to take and successfully complete a drug and/or alcohol test before they will be permitted to begin employment. Applicants that refuse to take a test or do not cooperate with the test representatives will not be permitted to begin employment. If a test yields a positive result for drugs or alcohol, the Company may withdraw the offer of employment to an applicant where permitted by state law.