At Elmington Property Management, we do things a little differently. We're not your ordinary propertymanagement group and pride ourselves on doing business with smarts while being unexpected. Wethrive on showing investors, customers, and residents that property development & managementdoesn't have to be boring. Most property management companies refer to the team that keeps thingsrunning smoothly as "maintenance", but we are NOT most property management companies.Elmington focuses on providing the best service to our residents and our owners!
Our motto? Forget the Ordinary.
We are seeking an awesome Service Technician!
As a Service Technician you will report to a Community Director who will act as your team captain andcarry out plays called by your Service Supervisor who will act as your leader. As in any athletic sport,as a key player on the team, your goal is to deliver an incredible game and win. At Elmington PropertyManagement we strive for excellence in every endeavor, and our service to residents is a major part ofthat game plan.
Each Elmington community is its own living, breathing corporation. It has income and expenses, debtand a bottom line. As a Service Technician you will be asked to manage the long term sustainabilityand quality of the community while working with your Service Supervisor to execute the strategy of theowner. You will be asked to assist in effectively managing the community's reputation, ensuring aclean, safe environment and working to provide a better than expected place to live while gaining thetrust and respect of the residents. You will be asked to work with your Service Supervisor to findeffective and creative solutions to manage expenses. You will be the primary communication with theexisting renters and your efforts will determine how many will choose to renew their lease on an annualbasis.
Along with this responsibility comes a very high level of expectations. You are an integral part of amulti-million dollar company. You are a master of your trade and enjoy challenges while setting andreaching goals. At Elmington, you will be pushed to Forget The Ordinary & Think Like an Owner.Every day.
To be an effective Service Technician at Elmington, you will need to:
- Have a great attitude
- Have high expectations
- Think BEYOND the box
- Work with passion
- Have a tireless work ethic
- Be self-motivated and self-starting
- Be confident
- Be a passionate worker with a positive personality
- Take pride in your work
- Be a good listener
- Offer a solution with every problem
- Go above and beyond for your residents
- Positively promote your community
Your Key Job Responsibilities will be to:
- Diagnose problems and repair major appliances, HVAC, plumbing, electrical (when no license required), general carpentry, pool care, roof and gutter repairs.
- Address issues with landscaping and snow/ice removal
- Communicate effectively with residents and coworkers even in difficult situations
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Perform service requests correctly and in a timely manner
- Operating computers and other technological devices to access email, and company utilized software
- Successfully execute Elmington's non-negotiables related to service work orders and vacant unit turns
Essential Functions of Your Role Include, but are not limited to:
- Effective communication
- Maintain the physical condition of the property
- Utilize hand tools and power tools
- Physically inspect the property in its entirety
- Building maintenance and repairs
- Responding to issues outside of normal work schedule when required
- Accurately reporting all time worked by clocking in before beginning to work and out only when done working
- Following all company policies and procedures
- 11 paid holidays, 2 weeks of Paid Time Off your first year and a paid day off tocelebrate your birthday.
- Insurance medical, dental, vision, life
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Prepare for your future with 401K.
- Long term & short term disability.
- Elmington Elevates participate in Elmington's way of giving back by serving ourcommunities.
- Empowerment to Think Like an Owner and deliver results.
- The opportunity to Forget the Ordinary.
- Property growth from 700 units in 2014 to almost 22,500 today.
- No ceiling to your career growth. It's up to you!
The Elmington Experience
We're creating a different kind of company at Elmington. We promise we will be never be ordinary,which we hope you can see by this job description. There will be many days you simply aren'tcomfortable. You will be pushed to accomplish more than you ever thought possible. You will bechallenged by your team leader and your peers to achieve more and to find better ways. With that said,we know Elmington is not for everyone. BUT, if you believe in yourself, enjoy a challenge andappreciate working with exceptional people, then Elmington could very well be the last company youever work for.
Are you ready to FTO? It's time to TLO!
The company will recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate its employees based upon factors suchas work quality, behavior, training, and experience. In compliance with local, state, and federal laws, weprovide equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, protected agecategory, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, military status, or physical or mental
disability of any individual who is otherwise qualified.