Metals USA, a metals service center located in Liberty, MO, has a career opportunity for a Maintenance Technician to join our 1st shift team. Responsibilities include:
* Comply with all safety regulations and procedures;
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area and promote the same throughout the facility;
* Perform highly diverse duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility's equipment;
* Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production, and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service;
* Perform basic machinist duties and responsibilities;
* Perform mechanical skills including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines;
* Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service;
* Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties;
* Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments;
* Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities as prescribed in the preventative/predictive maintenance plan;
* Track and maintain records on all maintenance and repairs;
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications;
* Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
With minimal oversight, the Maintenance Technician safely maintains production and quality by working with other maintenance professionals. He/she will perform highly diverse duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment safely and in accordance with guidance from the Pant Manager.
* To achieve job success, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily;
* Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines; ability to read schematics;
* Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook;
* An Associate's degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance;
* Able to read and write; Speak English;
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Great Compensation & Benefits Package
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled