At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
The Maintenance worker will work under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor in ensuring production and facility equipment is working at all times. He/she will install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all equipment according to safety, preventative maintenance schedule and existing equipment protocol including building maintenance.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Perform various duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Conducts machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service.
- Provides emergency and unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
- Performs mechanic skills including but not limited to, mechanical, and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
- Performs electrical troubleshooting and repair on various equipment and building maintenance.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Will use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Safely operate and repair forklift.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Will occasionally perform labor functions as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a maintenance/production environment.
- Electrical training/experience with 480 3 phases/machine controls – Required
- Experience with VFD Drives and PLCs preferred.
- Background with manufacturing methods, process improvement programs and procedures required.
- Previous work experience in mechanical, electrical and/or experience in blown film industries strongly preferred.
- Experience operating forklift equipment.
- Ability to successfully multi task in a fast pace environment.
- Must be certified or willing to be trained in CPR, First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens.
Manufacturing work environment. Constant physical activities are required for this position. Such activities include: ability to reach overhead, squat, and bend at the waist; the ability to lift boxes of 60 lbs. or more; ability to climb up and down stairs throughout a 12 hour shift; tolerance of standing posture continuously for 12 hours; tolerance to heights in order to repair towers; intense walking is involved; able to tolerate working environment with inside excessive hot and cold temperatures.
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at email@example.com
Building and General Maintenance Technician