As a Maintenance Technician with Panduit you will be working with state of the art industrial automation equipment. The job will allow you to have a broad range of responsibilities and exposure in addition to learning new technologies in a maintenance department that continues to grow which would allow you to advance your career in the future. You will be able to use your mechanical technical skills to resolve issues and keep our manufacturing equipment running at peak performance. This is the perfect opportunity for the skilled technician who finds satisfaction in making an impact within their organization. Take your career to the next level with this opportunity with a global company that is a leader in their market and apply today.
As our Maintenance Technician (Level 3), located in our Lockport IL facility, you will service, repair, install, modify, maintain, fabricate and assist in the minor design of new and existing mechanical and production equipment. Solid experience with electrical and mechanical troubleshooting, technical certification and the ability to read electrical and hydraulic/pneumatic schematics will also make you an ideal candidate (please note, this is NOT an engineering role). So would excellent communication skills, being highly motivated, a self-starter and a track record of taking the initiative. You will also have the ability to work independently as this is a night shift (11:00 PM to 7:00 AM with a paid shift differential) in addition to having your own tools.
Qualifications are but not limited to:
- Has typically completed a formal job-related apprenticeship or its equivalent in combined trade-related schooling and/or progressive job-related experience;
- Strong familiarity with codes governing proper installation and maintenance of mechanical/electrical equipment and devices, following practices and regulations common to trade (i.e., National Electric Code);
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, basics, circuit fundamentals, assemblies and their interrelationships to perform assigned tasks in a safe manner;
- Experience with and strong knowledge of commonly accepted standards of machine trouble-shooting and repair, machine shop practices, building maintenance, welding, pipefitting, rigging, fluid power systems and controls, carpentry, refrigeration, telephony and data terminal equipment;
- Capable of reading/ interpreting electrical and mechanical meters, gauges and scales;
- Able to understand/ interpret complex sketches, blueprints, layouts, manufacturer’s literature, preventative maintenance forms, and shop orders;
- Expected to own and use sufficient quantity of tools necessary to perform required work and consistently maintain a high level of good housekeeping, adhering to all safety regulations and safe work practices;
This is a great opportunity for the motivated individual who would like to take their technical career to the next level. We encourage you to apply today!
Panduit provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants, regardless of a person’s age, race, color, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, military or veteran status, national origin, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected status under federal, state, or local law.
Since 1955, Panduit has offered end-to-end industrial, electrical, and network infrastructure solutions that deliver best-in-class network performance with superior quality, operational efficiency, and easy installation. Innovative infrastructure offerings from Panduit – from the known and trusted network cables to design plans that maximize data center investment – affect day-to-day operations and profitability, and become the foundation for successful, connected, future-ready businesses. With a robust partner ecosystem, global staff, and unmatched service and support, Panduit is a valuable and trusted advisor and provider, helping companies around the globe solve infrastructure challenges. For more information, visit www.panduit.com.
- Related Keywords:
- Technician, industrial technician, industrial mechanic, schematics, electronics, certification, PM, facilities, facilities maintenance, electrical meters, maintenance tech, maintenance technician, automation, industrial automation, industrial machines, injection molding, assembly, panels, circuits, maintenance, hydraulics, pneumatics, hydraulic schematics, pneumatic schematics, pipefitting, gauges, gages
- Job Label: