Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Come join the largest baking company in the world and our family of 20,000 associates nationwide!
The Maintenance Technician safely performs preventive maintenance procedures on bakery processing equipment and building maintenance to ensure equipment efficiency and reliability.
Top reasons to work at Bimbo Bakeries USA :
- Great starting pay: $19/hour!
- Excellent benefits package
- Growing organization & increased demand for products
- 7:00AM start time during training (approx. 6-8 weeks).
- 8:00PM to 6:30AM on a rotating 2 week schedule when training is complete.
- Works in accordance with safety regulations and procedures at all times (LOTO, Confined Spaces, Hazardous Material Handling procedures, etc.).
- Supports General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense Initiatives, Good Manufacturing Practices, AIB and Internal Audits and Product Quality at all times.
- Conducts “Pre-Flight” checkout of operating systems prior to start-up of the line.
- Participates in root cause problem solving & troubleshooting issues.
- Performs preventative, predictive and proactive maintenance.
- Capable of overhauling most process systems and equipment to ensure optimal equipment up-time.
- Works cross-functionally with production and sanitation associates to provide effective maintenance support and to protect food safety and quality.
- Identifies potential cost savings and cost avoidance measures.
- Understands levels of line downtime caused by equipment issues.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor.