Old Dominion Freight Line is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Technician to join our OD Family Culture. The Diesel Mechanic, Maintenance Technician position is to repair company equipment in a safe, timely, cost effective and practical manner. Company equipment consists of Heavy Trucks, Forklifts, etc. Depending upon the level of experience and the degree of supervision involved, this position description may apply to the following job titles: Apprentice Mechanic, Mechanic’s Helper, Mechanic, Lead Mechanic, and Journeyman Mechanic. Specialized jobs might include body specialist, fender specialist, and painter.
Isac Gillen - Maintenance Tech from Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. on Vimeo.
- Build, rebuild and repair all parts of company equipment as may be required in the department to which they are assigned.
- Diagnose any mechanical, electrical or other breakdown or failure to a motor truck or related equipment.
- Read precision instruments such as micrometers, dial indicators, bore gauges, voltmeters, digital multimeters, calibrators and other electronic diagnostic tools.
- Troubleshoot and perform failure analysis of the component parts and systems on the truck or truck tractor; or the component parts and systems of the trailer or converter dolly. (This requirement may not apply to body and frame specialists).
- When applicable use welding skills and knowledge of metals to complete truck repairs.
- Individuals who work on converter dollies must be able to weld horizontally and vertically without air pockets in the bead.
- Apply knowledge of DOT, EPA, ICC, and OSHA rules and regulations.
- High School Degree or equivalent preferred
- Diesel Truck Maintenance Degree preferred
- 1 year of truck repair experience preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of most of the systems located on a truck or truck tractor, a semi-trailer or converter dolly.
- Ability to work in extremely hot or cold climates.
- Must be able to read precision instruments such as micrometers, dial indicators, bore gauges, voltmeters, digital multimeters, calibrators and other electronic diagnostic tools.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and do failure analysis of some of the component parts and systems on the truck or truck tractor; or the component parts and systems of the trailer or converter dolly
- Be able to provide one’s own tools to perform Maintenance work
Join the OD Family Today!
As a Full Time member of our Family, you are eligible to receive:
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401(k) retirement Plan
- Wellness Program
- Employee credit Union, Vacation & Holiday
- “Birthday Holiday” who doesn’t love some extra attention on their Birthday?
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, and/or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law(s).