At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
Maintenance Technician- Multi-Craft
Must have strong industrial electrical background. Earn up to $1500 in the first year in retention bonuses!
Perform advanced level electrical and troubleshooting on individual and complex systems and processes. Serve as crew leader and oversee the work of lower-level Maintenance Electricians. Review workload and establish priority of Electrician work orders and unscheduled downtime with minimal supervision. While working in a safe, effective manner, keep quality in mind at all times. Work in a cooperative team environment to carry out the preventative maintenance program, repair, modify and overhaul the plant equipment and maintain building as necessary. Perform all other duties or tasks as directed by supervision.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Inspect the work of all electricians, and participate in the repair, maintenance, inspection and installation of system projects. Make sure it conforms to BPC and NEC specifications.
- Supervise electricians engage in the maintenance of electrical circuits and equipment.
- Inspects equipment, diagnose trouble, and assigns subordinates to repair task.
- Analyze equipment and write preventive maintenance procedures for electricians.
- Plan and develop work schedules based on equipment usage schedules and create and implement procedures for equipment maintenance.
- Maintain material records, determine estimates and submit reports.
- Troubleshoot, identify and repair complex relay systems.
- Determine if motor is under or oversized.
- Be able to configure Probes and Laser Sensors.
- Identify, troubleshoot and repair PLC communication devices.
- Supervise the basic programming of PLC, with approval from Engineering.
- Troubleshoot and adjust 4-20 mA signals.
- Determine excitation of encoders.
- Understand internal parameters of a drive, communication with PLC’s and other drives.
- Cross referencing to a new drive.
- Help train other electricians
- Inspect and test electrical lighting, signals, communication and power circuits.
- Expected to think and work independently and as a team, without direct supervision. Ability to prioritize work load.
- Adhere to Company rules and guidelines.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Working knowledge of all Emergency and Safety policies and procedures, documentation procedures, equipment operating parameters and all HAZMAT, MSDS, EPA and OSHA requirements.
- Is waste conscious of efforts and materials at all times.
- Understand lock out/tag out procedures.
- Strive to achieve quality work
- High School degree or GED. Minimum of eight (8) years’ of industrial electrical repair experience. Or any equivalent combinations of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Must be a team player with a “can do” attitude.
- Must be able to distinguish colors to perform essential job duties.
- Capable of working in hot environment and in areas where inks and lubricants are used.
- Must be capable of standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry 25 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Must have troubleshooting abilities.
- Must have good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have advanced computer and math skills.
- Must have forklift license.
- Must be able to read and comprehend basic English.
- Ability to be flexible to work demands outside of regular work shift.
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at email@example.com
Building and General Maintenance Technician