Great Dane Trailers, typically referred to simply asGreat Dane, is aChicago, Illinois based manufacturer oftruckdry van,refrigerated vanandflatbedsemi-trailers. Established in 1900 by J.P. Wheless and T.H. McMillan as the Savannah Blowpipe Company inSavannah,Georgia, it has gone on to become the world's largest manufacturer ofcommercialtruck trailers.
Performs maintenance, construction, and preventative and repair service using hand tools, machinery and other equipment in order to keep production processes in safe and efficient operation.
- Uses required pneumatic, electrical and hand tools for maintenance repair and service on all production equipment. Service and maintenance may be performed indoors or outdoors.
- Perform repair and other service and maintenance activities on electrical, pneumatic, mechanical and hydraulic equipment and systems.
- Troubleshoot, identify and resolve equipment problems
- Uses a cutting torch and welding machines for repair and construction functions.
- Operates various transport and material handling equipment including overhead crane, hoist, forklift, hand / powered carts, and man- lifts.
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Observes all safety and security procedures.
- Performs other routine duties as necessary.
- Operates various transport and material handling equipment including overhead crane, hoist, forklift, hand / powered carts, and man- lifts
Experience & Education:
- College degree or equivalent training/ work experience in one or more of the following fields: Maintenance service/ repair, machine service/repair (hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical), electrical service/ repair
- Actual work experience of at least 2 years working in an equipment service field including as many of the following as possible: Troubleshooting, preventative service, construction of and repair of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment and systems.
- OSHA Compliance training certification preferred.
STANDARDS: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following Process, Quantity and Quality Standards:
- Must be a self-directed individual.
- Must have understanding of safety related to repair and service maintenance (Lock Out Tag Out, Hot Work, Arc Flash/ Electrical, Powered Industrial Trucks, Cranes, Hoist, Rigging, Hazardous Waste, etc)
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner both individually and working effectively with a group.
- Employee must be able to use pneumatic tools, electrical tools, and hand tools of all types.
- Employee must be able to operate various welding equipment and a cutting torch.
- Employee must be able to operate transport and material handling equipment specific to the facility.
- Employee must be able to perform and remember how to perform multiple tasks in a safe and effective manner.
- Employee must be able to use testing and measuring equipment.
- The employee must safely perform the assigned tasks in a manner that meets or exceeds the required production level.
- The expected quantity of service tasks performed will vary with the nature of the breakdown, the process being performed, volume and location.
- Maintenance Technician must inspect or test his/her serviced equipment to be certain it is operating safely and efficiently before allowing it to be used in regular duty.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential functions and skills listed below.
Knowledge and/or skill in maintenance repair and service on electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and equipment is required. Knowledge and ability in the following is expectedPLC, CNC, paint and fabrication equipment, crane and related equipment. A test may be given to assess this.
Ability to accurately read a tape measure. Must be competent in math to add, subtract, multiply, and divide measurements (whole numbers, fractions and decimals).
Ability to read and interpret schematics, blue prints and mechanical drawings.
Ability to work with hands and to work in mechanically oriented situations.
Aptitude to learn and retain new information.
Ability to follow instructions, given either verbally or in writing.
Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to stand and move about on concrete 8-12 hours a day. 40-60 hours per week.
Ability to see, walk, bend, reach, grasp, stoop, kneel, twist, crawl, carry, climb (including ladders), work overhead, push and pull.
Ability to do heavy lifting (50 pounds) multiple times daily in a 10 to 12 hour shift.
Ability to maneuver large parts and assemblies (up to 180 pounds) by pushing, pulling and flipping them into place.
Ability to work outdoors.
Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The work schedule requirement is 10-12 hours per day, 4-5 days per week. Average hours worked per week is 45. Some weeks will be as high as 60 hours.
The working atmosphere is highly productive and fast paced. Decisions must be made quickly and must consider multiple priorities including most importantly safety.
Hazard exposures are congruent with those of the heavy manufacturing industry.
Must dress in a safe and professional manner consistent with the job tasks.
Must provide and wear safety toe footwear. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Benefits are eligible offered after 90 day probation period which include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Several Choices of Voluntary Benefits.
- Pension Plan and 401K (Company Match)
- Yearly Reimbursement up to $75.00on Steel Toe/Composite Toe Footwear OR Prescription Safety Glasses.
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Vacation Days
- Quarterly GainSharing Bonus
- & more!