Green Chef is the leading and first certified organic meal kit company in the US. We are passionate about making it easier to eat healthfully at home. Founded in September of 2014, Green Chef is already a national force with hundreds of employees and tens of thousands of customers relying on us to help them eat well.
In 2018, HelloFresh Inc. saw something special in Green Chef and brought it into the Hello Fresh family. Green Chef is now part of one of the fastest growing startups in the US, and part of the world’s largest meal kit family as we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
We remain focused on delivering healthy, organic meals, designed for busy people. At Green Chef, we believe in creating thoughtful food experiences from planting to plating. We strive to create greater interaction and meaningful connections with the food that nourishes us, the people who provide it, and the ones we share it with. Green Chef offers a variety of specialty lifestyle plans including Keto, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Omnivore, and Carnivore.
Purpose of the Position: The Maintenance Technician supports the Maintenance Supervisor with facility maintenance operations; performing a variety of technical tasks relative to facility maintenance; and to equipment therein
- Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement
- Performs preventive building maintenance duties, to include routine plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and various other repairs
- Purchases supplies, equipment, and materials necessary to complete projects.
- Various general tasks as assigned, to include assembling and moving furniture and office equipment, setup and breakdown of tables and chairs,
- Replacing door knobs/locks, repairs to door closures and/or walls, and painting of interior walls. Repairs and replaces door knobs or locks, repairs door closures, patches holes in walls.
- Regular and timely attendance
- Promptly communicate all safety related issues and concerns
- Any and all other functions as determined by management
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of trades related to building maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of a variety of building maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of public buildings.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Skill in reading and following blueprints and assembly instructions.
- Skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Skill in using hand and power tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability and mobility to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time
- Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, reaching, twisting, grasping
- Repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties
- Climbing unusual heights on ladders
- Regularly lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Operating assigned equipment and vehicles
- Compliance with Green Chef’s Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Temperature controlled warehouse environment
- Must be able to withstand temperatures ranging from -20 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit to ambient room temperature
- Exposure to noise, dust, grease, fumes/gases, mechanical and electrical hazards, and various temperature conditions
- Possible exposure to various weather conditions
- Must be able to stand on your feet and work between 8-12 hours per shift
- Must be able to grasp objects and lift up to 50lbs.
- Able to work in a cold kitchen area located in a walk-in refrigerator kept at 35 degrees
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of Green Chef and HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.