At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
Heritage Bag, a Novolex company is looking for a Manufacturing Maintenance Technician (Mechanic) for our Roanoke, TX Plant.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
This position is part of a team responsible for the repair and maintenance of machinery/equipment, throughout the facility. Heritage Bag is a blown film plastic bag manufacturing facility, and this department must perform all projects to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, and preventative maintenance schedule.
- Performs mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and basic electrical troubleshooting and repair on various equipment and building maintenance.
- Reads and interprets equipment dwgs. & schematics, and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Conducts machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance program.
- Provides emergency and unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Performs mechanic skills including but not limited to, mechanical, and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
- Will use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Safely operate and repair forklift.
- Technical Degree preferred, but willing to count years of experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a maintenance/production environment
- Electrical training/experience with 480 3 phases/machine controls – preferred
- Experience with VFD Drives and PLCs a plus
- Background with manufacturing methods, process improvement programs and procedures required.
- Previous work experience in mechanical, electrical and/or experience in blown film industries strongly preferred.
- Experience operating forklift equipment
- Familiar with all OSHA and GMP standards & requirements
- Computer Skills
- Competitive pay and Bonus potential
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Coverage
- Paid Vacation
- Company Paid Short Term and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Account with Company Match
- 10 Paid Holidays per Year
- Direct Deposit
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publically post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at 800-845-6051.