|Description||Maintenance Technician – Every day is an opportunity for you to turn an apartment into a home. #WRK4UDR.|
UDR, Inc. and its affiliated companies are seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team at Laurel Tree, our apartment community (157 homes) located in Salinas, CA.
• Technical of vocational certificate and/or degree preferred.
• Minimum of two years of experience in building and mechanical maintenance including plumbing, electrical, appliance repair painting and drywall.
• Knowledge and experience of HVAC and carpentry a plus.
• EPA Type II or Universal certification preferred.
• Valid driver’s license and rotating on-call responsibility required.
• Some locations require certification in pool operation (CPO).
Essential Job Functions:
• Respond to resident requests for maintenance and service by taking appropriate action to repair and/or restore service within the quality and time standards established by the organization.
• Maintain the overall appearance and cleanliness of the community by ensuring that grounds, amenities, building exteriors/interiors, market ready units, breezeways, curbs, signage, leasing office, central garbage areas, parking lots and other buildings and common areas are free of debris, trash, graffiti, and other items which affect the appearance of the community. All deficiencies and or risk management safety issues are reported immediately.
• Ensure that apartments are ready for occupancy by performing various and as needed electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, appliance repair, and other miscellaneous equipment maintenance and repairs, as well as carpet cleaning, painting, and overall apartment cleaning or other activities as necessary or as directed.
• Maintain tools, equipment, and workspace and ensure they are organized and in proper working order, request replacements as necessary, and assist in stocking the inventory.
• Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Career Development and Advancement: We offer ongoing education opportunities to support the skillset development of our employees. We have a proven culture of supporting the development and advancement of our employees' individual career goals and are proud to announce the promotion of 171 employees through July 2019, that’s an average of 24 associates promoted per month! We believe our employees are the organization's most valuable asset. #WRK4UDR
Exceptional Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefit package and discounts to live in our premier communities!
UDR, Inc., an S&P500 company, is one of the nation's largest owners and managers of residential apartment communities with a mission of offering remarkable apartment homes in the most desirable locations throughout the United States. Share your expertise, skill and commitment to excellence with us, and be a part of UDR's team. #WRK4UDR
UDR Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
|Send This Job to a Friend|