Superior Grocers, a leading independent grocery chain in Southern California is looking for a Maintenance Technician for our stores!
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the completion of all maintenance issues and general repairs at properties, as directed by the Lead Technician.
- Responsible for graffiti removal, removal of illegal dumping on property
- Replacement of exterior lighting as needed, general maintenance of grounds and general repairs i.e. repair car stops, install bird spikes, repair gates/fences, minor concrete/asphalt repairs
- Daily travel to approximately 7 properties (as needed)
- Knowledge of plumbing and electrical to perform minor repairs
- Must have excellent communication skills in reading and writing and be well versed in the English Language
- Responsible for daily updates to the Property Manager on completion of job assignments and pending projects
- Performs inspection of properties and reports maintenance needs to Property Manager
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment to evaluate whether a particular issue requires maintenance
- Responsible for submitting supply purchases to Property Manager for approval.
- Responsible for tracking inventory of tools and supplies for properties
- Perform cost saving maintenance to ensure properties stay within budget
- Meet with governmental agencies and utility companies as appropriate to seek approval for property issues that arise
High School Diploma or Equivalent
2+ years facilities maintenance experience preferred
Excellent driving record with valid California drivers license and reliable vehicle (preferably truck) including proof of insurance